Arduino Yun max working clock speed

I'm using an Arduino Yun to create network communication,
I wanted to know what is the maximum clock speed I can use or generate with the arduino.
what is the max clock speed I can generate in the Linux processor?
What is the max clock speed I can work with the whole device?
Thnx.

I have no idea what you want to do?

Why would you want to generate a clock speed?

The Linux processor is quite separate from the Arduino processor, and very much faster (I presume the details are on the product page). The Arduino side runs at 16MHz.

If you tell us what you are trying to do we may be able to give useful advice.

...R

we are building an IoT gateway with the arduino, we wanted to know what is the max commands per second that we can execute on the arduino processor.

tsur:
we are building an IoT gateway with the arduino, we wanted to know what is the max commands per second that we can execute on the arduino processor.

What sort of commands?

At the level of machine code most commands only take one clock cycle or 16 million per second. But they don't achieve very much.

If you really want assistance try explaining in some detail what you are trying to achieve.

...R

tsur:

@tsur,

the Yun is not a good gateway. The Yun is intended as a embedded development system. The specifications you are looking for are available from Qualcomm. Please be aware Yun is based on Linux and it is NOT a real-time system.

The main brochure will give you some details. The page links to the data sheets for the main chips.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardYun

If you are seriously considering the Yun, you will want to do read the datasheet on the Atheros AR9331.

Jesse

Atheros AR9331 clock speed:400 Mhz
Run it higher than that You need heatsink.