Arduino Yun receiving data from Serial

Hi everyone.
I´m trying to receive a data that I send for via Serial on Arduino Uno and then I want Arduino yun receive this data for serial and print it on serial or using Bridge to show in a page of my browser.
Thanks.

Is there a reason against using the ATMEGA32u4 that is on the Yun PCB?

What type of serial data are you sending? (what's the application?)

If you look at the YunSerialTerminal example it might give you an idea where to start and the
scope of what you are trying to do.

Steven_Tabango:
Hi everyone.
I´m trying to receive a data that I send for via Serial on Arduino Uno and then I want Arduino yun receive this data for serial and print it on serial or using Bridge to show in a page of my browser.
Thanks.

What is the question?

I think that Steven's Tabango question is quite clear and makes sense in a lot of practical situations.
The potentialities of using one or more UNOs communicating with the YUN in order to use the capabilities of the linino side are really huge.

I haven't had the time yet to go through all of this process, as I will face this issue next 1-2 month, but I think that if you follow this topic opened last month you may find a lot of useful (and additional) information. Maybe this could be the key to solve also your question.

Communication between Yun and UNO seeking advice

Let us know how it goes anyway, as this is a really interesting topic.
L

Leone_Euglena:
I think that Steven's Tabango question is quite clear and makes sense in a lot of practical situations.
The potentialities of using one or more UNOs communicating with the YUN in order to use the capabilities of the linino side are really huge.

Well, I am with mamu here that his actual question is far from clear...

He only states what he intends to do, but not what kind of problem he is facing... :confused:

Ralf

mamu:
What is the question?

Leone_Euglena:

PCWorxLA:
Well, I am with mamu here that his actual question is far from clear...

He only states what he intends to do, but not what kind of problem he is facing... :confused:

Ralf

Hi guys, sorry for not being clear, my problem is that my YUN is not receiving data that I send from Arduino Uno. I send data from Arduino UNO via serial (pins 0,1) and I receive data in my YUN via serial too, using Serial1 to read, but it doesn´t work. I want this data receive on my YUN to can compare with another value and print it on Serial.

The serial connections on the Yun are one to one connections, Serial1 is between the AR9331 and the 32u4.

You can set up a software serial connection but it will be slower.

noblepepper:
The serial connections on the Yun are one to one connections, Serial1 is between the AR9331 and the 32u4.

You can set up a software serial connection but it will be slower.

Thank you for your help, but I´ve done that: On yun: Serial.begin(9600) and mySerial(4800) (Software Serial)
and in Arduino UNO: Serial.begin(9600)
Arduino Yun is reading something which doesn´t make sense, cause I send just ´b´ from Uno and Yun is printing other things.

Steven_Tabango:
Thank you for your help, but I´ve done that: On yun: Serial.begin(9600) and mySerial(4800) (Software Serial)
and in Arduino UNO: Serial.begin(9600)

So the mySerial on the Yun is trying to talk to the Serial on the Uno? But they are set to different baud rates! If that is the case, and not just a typo in your post, then of course the Yun will receive strange data.

I got it. Thank you so much. It works now.