Arduino Yun stuck in "uploading".

Hi all,
I've been playing with my new Yun and had some of the examples as well as some of my own code running on it just fine. Eventually I uploaded a fairly large project, which may have pushed the memory limitations of the Yun. Since that upload I have not been able to upload any sketches to it, not even a blink.

Things I have tried (based on what I could find in this forum and on google):

1. Leaving yun unplugged and trying again.
  2. "Resetting" in each of the ways described in the "Resetting the processors" section of http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoYun.
  3. Wirelessly uploading to COM port, instead of USB.
  4. Using my Uno to burn the bootloader onto the Yun as described at http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP.
  5. All of the obove in a variety of orders.

Here is the output I get from the IDE (I'm using Arduino's 1.5.6-r2 IDE on Ubuntu 12.04), with verbose output checked for upload:

Build options changed, rebuilding all

Sketch uses 5,132 bytes (17%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
Global variables use 153 bytes (5%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,407 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.
Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port /dev/ttyACM0
PORTS {/dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyS0, } / {/dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyS0, } => {}
PORTS {/dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyS0, } / {/dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyS0, } => {}
Uploading using selected port: /dev/ttyACM0
/home/local/ANT/hoffmaj/arduino-1.5.6-r2/hardware/tools/avrdude -C/home/local/ANT/hoffmaj/arduino-1.5.6-r2/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega32u4 -cavr109 -P/dev/ttyACM0 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:/tmp/build1064611237676539316.tmp/Blink.cpp.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep  9 2011 at 16:00:41
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/home/local/ANT/hoffmaj/arduino-1.5.6-r2/hardware/tools/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/home/local/ANT/hoffmaj/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/ttyACM0
         Using Programmer              : avr109
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600
         AVR Part                      : ATmega32U4
         Chip Erase delay              : 9000 us
         PAGEL                         : PD7
         BS2                           : PA0
         RESET disposition             : dedicated
         RETRY pulse                   : SCK
         serial program mode           : yes
         parallel program mode         : yes
         Timeout                       : 200
         StabDelay                     : 100
         CmdexeDelay                   : 25
         SyncLoops                     : 32
         ByteDelay                     : 0
         PollIndex                     : 3
         PollValue                     : 0x53
         Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65    10     8    0 no       1024    8      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           flash         65     6   128    0 yes     32768  128    256  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : butterfly
         Description     : Atmel AppNote AVR109 Boot Loader

Connecting to programmer: .avrdude: Send: . [1b] 
avrdude: Send: S [53] 
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:125)
	at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1719)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1625)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1597)
	at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2397)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)
Caused by: processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
	at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:111)
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:123)
	... 5 more

Is there anything else I can try? Is my Yun fried?
Many Thanks.

Did you try to upload an empty sketch, with not even a single wire on your Yun ?
Empty sketch and no connections.. Give it a try ...

zaxarias:
Did you try to upload an empty sketch, with not even a single wire on your Yun ?
Empty sketch and no connections.. Give it a try ...

Yes I have tried that too, if by empty you mean

void setup() {}
void loop() {}

If you mean empty like literally not a single character of code, no I hadn't tried that but it just gives a compile error if those functions are missing.
Thanks for the suggestion!

When we say empty sketch, we mean empty by default(no code added)..

This is an empty sketch :

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

zaxarias:
When we say empty sketch, we mean empty by default(no code added)..

This is an empty sketch :

void setup() {

// put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

Oh okay. I get the same error during uploading with that.

I've found a way to reset the firmware of the arduino yun, you can find out how off of this link:

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/YunSysupgrade

if this doesn't work message me back I may have another way too.

Shazam360:
I've found a way to reset the firmware of the arduino yun, you can find out how off of this link:

Oh dang, I don't have a micro-sd card. It looks like I should be able to borrow one on monday.

Does the other way you mentioned involved the sd card as well?

johnnyhoffman:

Shazam360:

Oh dang, I don't have a micro-sd card. It looks like I should be able to borrow one on monday.

No I don't think so I'll post it

Shazam360:

johnnyhoffman:

Shazam360:

No I don't think so I'll post it

I found a way to update the firmware of an arduino uno here:

download the DFU from here and instead of running the arduino uno update on it try to find the Yun firmware online and upload it, if I find the firmware I will certainly tell you about it. Hope it works!

Okay cool, I'm searching for the Yun firmware now. Thank you!

It's a good thing I was randomly looking for that yesterday!

As an update: I have had no luck finding the appropriate firmware for the yun

I'll try to keep you updated on other methods.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Do you have the Arduino IDE 1.5.7 BETA (with support for Arduino Yún and Arduino Due boards)? to download click this link: http://arduino.cc/en/main/software#toc3

Shazam360:
Do you have the Arduino IDE 1.5.7 BETA (with support for Arduino Yún and Arduino Due boards)? to download click this link: http://arduino.cc/en/main/software#toc3

Oh, no. Apparently I was using version 1.5.6; they must update those pretty often. Unfortunately, I get the same error with 1.5.7 though. While on the page I also tried the nightly build, which also had the same output.

If I were you I would wait for the micro-sd card and test out my first method and then would go to more drastic measures if it didn't work. Good luck though! I'll keep trying to help you.

I finally got my hands on a micro sd card and I tried the method described (http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/YunSysupgrade). Unfortunately, my problem persists, exactly as it was before :(.

I'm also having this same problem.

Sometimes the Yun's IP appears under the port menu so I can upload over WiFi and that's usually successful, but the port comes and goes. I just upgraded open-wrt and no change. It seems to be a problem with the Arduino side.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would most defenitly think this could be a power issue. Power it from a powered charger and not USB