Arduino Yun Wi-fi connection

My Arduino Yun board works erratic in the wifi configuration. The configuration procedure is normal, however the board loose its configuration and no longer can communicate in wifi mode. I have enclosed a page of the config information. Can you explain what I'm doing wrong. I have followed youtube tutorials 1 and 2 in this kind of set up. Regards

When you say the Yun loses the wifi configuration, do you mean that the YUN fails to make a connection to the network?

If that is happening, then it maybe the strength of the WIFI signal. In my home, which is not that larger, I have problems with making WIFI network connections in certain rooms. Sometimes, the connection is made and other times it does not connect. I have used a tablet that reports the strength of the WIFI to find the good sports. I have my Yun located in one of good spots. I have also found the WIFI signal will fade and one loses the connection. The Yun Linux side stops and reconnects which causes a delay.

Enjoy life, Just Greg
Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

avalon90:
My Arduino Yun board works erratic in the wifi configuration. The configuration procedure is normal, however the board loose its configuration and no longer can communicate in wifi mode. I have enclosed a page of the config information. Can you explain what I'm doing wrong. I have followed youtube tutorials 1 and 2 in this kind of set up. Regards

avalon90,
I tend to agree with JustGreg. From the information we have, it appears you are too far from you AP (Access Point).
Can you explain what you mean when you say no longer can communicate in wifi mode?

Jesse

avalon90:
My Arduino Yun board works erratic in the wifi configuration.

Like the others said, this sounds like a signal strength issue. Your status page shows 38% which is not real great and could be causing you trouble

The configuration procedure is normal, however the board loose its configuration and no longer can communicate in wifi mode.

Are you saying that sometimes the WiFi configuration is cleared and then you can no longer connect? If so, that is probably a side-effect of the signal poor WiFi reception. When the Yun boots, it tries to connect to your access point. If that fails, and it cannot make a connection with a minute of booting up, it reboots and resets the network configuration back to the factory default (where it acts as its own access point.) This is done as a safety net to allow you to connect to your Yun in case you entered a bad network configuration. But it can cause problems when the network is not reliable.

The solution is to go back into your Yun advanced configuration pages, and under the System tab select the Startup tab. At the bottom of the page is a section titled Local Startup with a large edit box. Just a few lines down from the start is a line that says wifi-live-or-reset. This is the script that checks for a WiFi connection and resets if one is not found. You can disable it by inserting a # as the first character to make it a comment. Make it look like the attached, then click the Submit button.

That should stop the network configuration from getting reset if it can't make a WiFi connection. It will also cancel your safety net if you enter a wrong network configuration -- in that case, you'll need to make a wired Ethernet connection to be able to get back into your Yun.