Arduino yun wifi

Good days, i got i question on the connection of Arduino yun to the Arduino local once i configure the Arduino Yun wifi to my own wireless wifi. Anyone can help ?

The problem is like what shown in the picture i attached… :sob: :sob:

It appears you are using a Windows computer: for the yun.local name to work, you need to have a zeroconf utility installed, like Apple's Bonjour. Windows does not normally come with such a utility. If you install an Apple product like iTunes or QuickTime, Bonjour will also be installed. Or, you can download Bonjour Print Services from Apple and install it by itself.

The other option is to determine your Yun's IP address and access it that way rather than by name. You can do that by connecting the USB serial port and running the WiFi Status example, or by logging into your router and looking at the DHCP assignments. However, that address can change from time to time, so you may have to repeat the process in the future. To prevent that, you can set up the Yun with a fixed IP address, or you can set up your router with a static DHCP address so that the router always gives out the same address when it sees the Yun's MAC address.

Routers vary widely, so I can't give you any specific instructions how to do the various router operations. The easiest solution is to install Bonjour.

Plan C:

By Organizationally Unique Identifier(OUI)/Vendor ID of MAC address

Scan all the device's MAC address of local area network:

nmap -sn 192.168.0.0/24

The Yun.cc has Vendor ID of "90:A2:DA" (Gheo SA)

The Yun.org has Vendor ID of "B4:21:8A" (Dog Hunter LLC)

Get IP address Yun:

nmap -sn 192.168.0.0/24 |grep -B 2 '90:A2:DA'
Nmap scan report for 192.168.0.199
Host is up (0.00038s latency).
MAC Address: 90:A2:DA:F8:06:76 (Gheo SA)

At windows box download nmap:

Latest command-line zipfile: nmap-7.01-win32.zip

https://nmap.org/download.html

sonnyyu:
The Yun has Vendor ID of "90:A2:DA" (Gheo SA)

I notice that is true of the arduino.cc Yuns, like mine, but from the OP's screen shots I see that he has one made by arduino.org. There are some differences between the two systems, notably Linino vs OpenWRT, but I wonder if they have a different Vendor ID? After all, they are now different companies...

ShapeShifter:
I notice that is true of the arduino.cc Yuns, like mine, but from the OP's screen shots I see that he has one made by arduino.org. There are some differences between the two systems, notably Linino vs OpenWRT, but I wonder if they have a different Vendor ID? After all, they are now different companies...

good catch, new vendor ID updated.

find out ether Yun.cc board or Yun.org board's IP address:

nmap -sn 192.168.0.0/24 |grep -B 2 '90:A2:DA\|B4:21:8A'

Kill two birds with one stone.