Arduino zero Bin file updater over the internet?

Hello Not good explaining this so please bare with me. I know the arduino zero uses a bin file for it's programming. kinda like the Esp8266. I figure out how to update the Esp8266 over the internet by having the bin file on my hosting web server. I have been searching online how to do the same thing with the arduino zero. And so far only way i found maybe I'm searching it wrong is how to update it using the IDE OTA over the air programming. Does anyone know of a web i can do it do a updater. I have been searching all over and i really need help. Can some one please help me? and point me in the right direction on what i should search for.

Joseph

the InternalStorage object of the WiFi101OTA library can store and apply the bin. so if you can download it and feed the bytes over write() to InternalStorage and then call apply()

Hello Juraj thank you. My apologies on forgotten this post i have asked. I been so busy trying to work my day job and taking care of my father with cancer my projects took a back seat. But now everything is getting better and i need to work on this project.

I looked into the WiFi101OTA as you said and two ways i guess one is through a SD card the second is over the air from the Arduino IDE. Both of them will not work for my project because this is mostly a remote project and it will be far away if i need to update it is the problem. Is there another way that i can host it on a hosting and the Arduino zero an grab it from there?

Joseph

josephchrzempiec:
Hello Juraj thank you. My apologies on forgotten this post i have asked. I been so busy trying to work my day job and taking care of my father with cancer my projects took a back seat. But now everything is getting better and i need to work on this project.

I looked into the WiFi101OTA as you said and two ways i guess one is through a SD card the second is over the air from the Arduino IDE. Both of them will not work for my project because this is mostly a remote project and it will be far away if i need to update it is the problem. Is there another way that i can host it on a hosting and the Arduino zero an grab it from there?

Joseph

the InternalStorage object of the library can store the binary in upper half of the flash. you only need to write bytes to it. and then you call apply() and the InternalStorage moves the binary at the right location and resets the MCU.

from where do you download the binary is on you

Hello Thank you. I have a Bin file already created. I just don't know how to tell the Zero to go and get it then update what is there now. I never have done that before It is also way above what i know now. Is there a example or a site i can take a look at to get started?

Edited: Everything so far i found is for TFTP for the arduno uno board. or a ESP8266.

Joseph

josephchrzempiec:
Hello Thank you. I have a Bin file already created. I just don't know how to tell the Zero to go and get it then update what is there now. I never have done that before It is also way above what i know now. Is there a example or a site i can take a look at to get started?

Edited: Everything so far i found is for TFTP for the arduno uno board. or a ESP8266.

Joseph

you didn't mention how do you access the network.

but the WebClient/WiFiWebClient example usually has what you need

I'm sorry to access the network i have a wiznet 5100 and also a Wiznet 5500 shields. connected to a local router and internet.

josephchrzempiec:
I'm sorry to access the network i have a wiznet 5100 and also a Wiznet 5500 shields. connected to a local router and internet.

WebClient example shows a download.

Hello sorry i honestly don't know i never did a WebClient before i'm totally not sure I have a hosting server from godaddy with some space on it. i can host the files there. But the rest i do not know.

Joseph

josephchrzempiec:
Hello sorry i honestly don't know i never did a WebClient before i'm totally not sure I have a hosting server from godaddy with some space on it. i can host the files there. But the rest i do not know.

Joseph

modify 3 lines of the WebClient example to make it work and understand

char server[] = "arduino.cc";

client.println("GET /asciilogo.txt HTTP/1.1");
client.println("Host: arduino.cc");

it will download http://arduino.cc/asciilogo.txt