arduino_debug.exe verbose output

Hi, I need to find a solution for check and upload arduino sketch from command line on Windows.

I found that I can use arduino_debug.exe but I see a lot of DEBUG and TRACE info that makes unreadable errors in source code. How can I omit this debugging info within the output on console?

PS I downloaded the ZIP versione of the IDE.

Below the example:

Set log4j store directory C:\Users\micky\AppData\Local\Arduino15
Sto caricando la configurazione...
Sto inizializzando i pacchetti...
DEBUG StatusLogger Using ShutdownCallbackRegistry class org.apache.logging.log4j
.core.util.DefaultShutdownCallbackRegistry
DEBUG StatusLogger Not in a ServletContext environment, thus not loading WebLook
up plugin.
DEBUG StatusLogger AsyncLogger.ThreadNameStrategy=UNCACHED (user specified null,
default is UNCACHED)
TRACE StatusLogger Using default SystemClock for timestamps.
DEBUG StatusLogger org.apache.logging.log4j.core.util.SystemClock does not suppo
rt precise timestamps.
DEBUG StatusLogger Not in a ServletContext environment, thus not loading WebLook
up plugin.
DEBUG StatusLogger Took 0,060469 seconds to load 209 plugins from sun.misc.Launc
her$AppClassLoader@af3868
DEBUG StatusLogger PluginManager 'Converter' found 44 plugins
DEBUG StatusLogger Starting OutputStreamManager SYSTEM_OUT.false.false-1
DEBUG StatusLogger Starting LoggerContext[name=af3868, org.apache.logging.log4j.
core.LoggerContext@1f1104d]...
DEBUG StatusLogger Reconfiguration started for context[name=af3868] at URI null
(org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext@1f1104d) with optional ClassLoader:
null
up plugin.
DEBUG StatusLogger PluginManager 'ConfigurationFactory' found 4 plugins
up plugin.
up plugin.
DEBUG StatusLogger Missing dependencies for Yaml support, ConfigurationFactory o
rg.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.yaml.YamlConfigurationFactory is inactive
up plugin.
up plugin.

TRACE StatusLogger Using DummyNanoClock for nanosecond timestamps.
DEBUG StatusLogger Reconfiguration complete for context[name=af3868] at URI jar:
file:/C:/Users/micky/Downloads/arduino-1.8.10-windows/lib/pde.jar!/log4j2.xml
(org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext@1f1104d) with optional ClassLoader:
null
DEBUG StatusLogger Shutdown hook enabled. Registering a new one.
DEBUG StatusLogger LoggerContext[name=af3868, org.apache.logging.log4j.core.Logg
erContext@1f1104d] started OK.
Sto preparando le schede...
Sto verificando...
C:\Users\micky\Desktop\testarduino\test.ino: In function 'void setup()':
test:19:1: error: expected ';' before '}' token
}
^
Più di una libreria trovata per "Servo.h"
Usata: C:\Users\micky\Downloads\arduino-1.8.10-windows\libraries\Servo
exit status 1
DEBUG StatusLogger Stopping LoggerContext[name=af3868, org.apache.logging.log4j.
core.LoggerContext@1f1104d]
DEBUG StatusLogger Stopping LoggerContext[name=af3868, org.apache.logging.log4j.
core.LoggerContext@1f1104d]...
TRACE StatusLogger Unregistering 1 MBeans: [org.apache.logging.log4j2:type=af386
8]
TRACE StatusLogger Unregistering 1 MBeans: [org.apache.logging.log4j2:type=af386
8,component=StatusLogger]

DEBUG StatusLogger Stopped LoggerContext[name=af3868, org.apache.logging.log4j.c
ore.LoggerContext@1f1104d] with status true

The program Arduino_Debug.exe is a diagnostic software which may help to find out details about problems that may occur during starting the IDE. If your IDE starts without any problem, you never will need an additional start diagnostic from Arduino_Debug.exe

Link you suggested doesn’t helped me :frowning:

Alternatively I followed this thread: Log4J debug spew during Arduino build · Issue #902 · microsoft/vscode-arduino · GitHub and installed previous version 1.8.9 and now I don’t have all that log DEBUG/TRACE info that are not necessary for me.

I hope that developers will fix this problem in 1.8.10 and all new versions.

I hope that developers will fix this problem in 1.8.10 and all new versions.

I believe that if they do, the patches will be released only in another version, the current version remains as it is. I don't think I've ever seen any Arduino IDE versions fixed.

You may be able to register an issue with the Arduino repository to let them know of your need.

Log4j debugging seem to be turned on by default for arduino_debug.exe. It can be switched off with a flag in arduino_debug.l4j.ini
Adding -DDEBUG=false to that file solved the problem for me.

I found this solution posted here, and it worked for me: Debug messages being printed to output - Arduino IDE 1.8.10 · Issue #891 · microsoft/vscode-arduino · GitHub