ArduinoBT -> Brick?

Hi, I'm already a Diecimilia user, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my ArduinoBT. However, there's something I'm not sure of...

I'm fairly new to bluetooth, but I want my Arduino to take control of a mobile phone as a modem (to use AT commands etc.). I've already run a proof of concept using my iMac as the bluetooth controller so I know what I need to do with the software... but...

My sketch will need to reconfigure the BT module on the Arduino for this purpose. Does anyone know whether this means it will no longer connect as a serial port to the Arduino IDE for programming? I notice from the docs on arduino.cc that the BT configuration code is run only once - wouldn't it be better to have incorporated this into the bootloader so that it would always be programmable from the IDE after reset? The sketch's setup() routine could then have set the BT module up for the specific project.

I think there's a risk that I'll end up with a bricked Arduino, unless I try to fudge re-programming it using the serial i/o (which the BT module will hate)... and I can't remove the ATMega to reprogram it from my Diecimila because it's surface-mount.

Alternatively, is there any quick/easy/cheap way to program the ArduinoBT via USB?

sounds like the same thing i will run into.
I am aiming to scan surrounding devices for existence.
Or to describe it better, I would like to have bluetooth phones be able to send single keys to my Arduino.
Anyone any experience with other bluetooth devices trying to talk to Arduino BT?

My ArduinoBT hasn't arrived yet :-/ so I haven't had a chance to play with it.

Seeing some of the other comments around this forum, though, it looks like there are a few problems with this board. I wish I'd just ordered another Diecimila and a separate BT module - this would also have been cheaper!

It would be great to pull together all the experiences people have had with ArduinoBT - any chance of a separate area on this forum?

What changes do you want to make? Maybe you can use the SET CONTROL BIND? Or you could use the normal initialisation in the setup() loop. After a reset the module will always be brought back to a working state. In your loop() you can change the configuration. But be carefull with a SET CONTROL ECHO for instance.