ARDUINOBT on Windows XP SP2

Could anyone here make an ARDUINOBT works in Windows XP SP2? If so, could u please post your steps, and the programs needed?

I can’t make mine works.

Thanks for the help.

It can be done. But be prepared for a few issues. Mine were :-

0) Ensure you have recent BT drivers/software installed for your PC-based bluetooth device, that it recognizes the ArduinoBT and that you have paired with it successfully.

1) Then make sure you can connect/disconnect to the ArduinoBT mapped COM port using your PC software (mine happens to be BlueSoleil.) I also set the port to be 115200 baud etc. using the windows device manager.

2) Try uploading an echo sketch to the board. I found the Arduino-0010-win software would not upload due to a timing issue. After using it to compile my sketch, I uploaded directly with dvtdude instead using the command line e.g.

".\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude" -C".\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf" -v -v -v -v -pm168 -F -cstk500v1 -P*COM5* -b115200 -D -V -Uflash:w:"C:\Documents and Settings\Lee\My Documents\Arduino\BTTest\applet\BTTest.hex:i"

You'd need to modify the text in bold for your sketch. And press the reset button on the board, .5 secs before running the avrdude command.

3) When the echo sketch is working it should be verifyable using the win HyperTerminal. For simple ArduinoBT echo sketch code , see http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1206341576 (the sketch is towards the end.)

Hope it helps,

Lee :-/