ArduinoBT problem

hey,

i have an arduinobt and i have made it display rss feeds from processing, it worked very well but i stoped for a while with it and now when i try to pair it with the computer, the computer doesn’t know arduinobt, i’ve try with my bt mobile phone to see if it discovered the arduinobt but it doesn’t, could i have burned out the bt module on the arduinoBT ?

ps: the code in arduinobt board still work… the arduino board itself did not burned out… help me please!

is there a quick way to reset the BT module?

Have u tried pushing the reset button before trying to pair it?
In my case it worked (I had the same problem)

yes, i’ve done that already. I have two arduinoBT boards and some time ago, it happened with the other one but i’ve done what u said and it worked (then i have done a reset in BT module and it worked great) but with this board now it doesn’t work… :’(

And other thing, the BT module is turning brown in some parts, in both bt boards, it’s not shinny as when i bought them, is your still shinny ?

I power them with 3 AA, what makes 4,5V so i don’t think it’s from the power supply (they say max 5.5V)

I saw that arduinoBT gives these problems (searching the forum, some users report the same problem), so a few question:

-is it possible to burn out only the bt module ?

• can it be a hardware problem in arduinoBT boards? (should the max be 3.3v (because bt module?) and not 5.5v? )

• Is there any way to reset the BT module? using the USB rx/tx from arduino? how about pin 7?

• have any of u use the arduinoBT for a long time? more than 24 powered on? the bt module turned less shinny?

Thanks a lot

-is it possible to burn out only the bt module ?

I’ve not done so, but I would think it probable.

• can it be a hardware problem in arduinoBT boards? (should the max be 3.3v (because bt module?) and not 5.5v? )

The Arduino has a switching regulator on board which generates 5V for the AVR chip. This feeds into a linear regulator that produces the 3.3V for the BT module. You should be able to measure these voltages with a meter.

• have any of u use the arduinoBT for a long time? more than 24 powered on? the bt module turned less shinny?

I have had mine running for several days at a time without noticing any changes. (Though it could be I’m not looking for them, so haven’t seen them).

I hope this helps a little,

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike, but i still in the same, this is very strange since the board is not burned out (the code on it still works), only the BT doesn’t seems to work…

Did u powered ur arduinoBT with how many volts? am i making a mistake powering mine with 4,5 volts?

and just one more question, what do i need to make a reset to the arduinoBT board? ou reconfigure the BT module, perphaps it’s something wrong there… can it be done over arduinousb? or do i need that stuff do burn the bootloader again?

Thanks in advance…

Paulo

I use 3 AA cells - like you, 4.5Volts.

The swithcing regulator will bring that up to 5V for the AVR and a linear regulator will drop it to 3.3V for the bluegiga module. Do measure these voltages on your board with a multimeter, if only for peace of mind.

There are a couple of capacitors either side of the linear regulator that will be big enough to put a probe on.

The reset pin of the BT module is connected to pin 7. Waggle that pin in code to do a reset.

There is an article about reprogramming the BT module here:

http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/BTWT11Interface

This has never happened to me, so I’m afraid I can’t help much.

Mike