ARDUINOBT - Programming without ArduinoIDE

Is there a way to program the ARDUINO, without using the default IDE? I can't figure out if the problem in my connection with the BT is caused by the reseting time or something else. What I want is a way of passing code without having that reseting problem involved.

Thanks for the help

Is there a way of seeing if my Bluetooth/Virtual Serial connection is OK?

I just can't pass code to my ARDUINOBT, and I'd like to see if it's caused by the connection or something else.

Another thing: is there a way of passing code to the ARDUINO bluetooth without using the bluetooth itself?

Again, Thanks for the help

ps.:

In this computer i am experiencing 3 errors (depending on reseting time):

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The operation of I/O was canceled by a segment output or a requisiton of the application (tradution)

avrdude: stk500_paged_load(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x0c
avrdude: stk500_cmd(): programmer is out of sync

Hi brenin,

I got these "out of sync" errors on the PC as well. How often have you tried?
I tried about 10 times, always resetting the board while pressing the upload button, varying the timing. Somewhen it simply worked -

There is a command line upload with this command (should be similar on DOS), but as arduino-0010 is using avrdude, it'll be exactly the same result:

avrdude -p m168 -b 115200 -c

I'd be interested to learn if the module can be programmed without BT as well, as it would make things a lot easier...

Best,
Michael

I am using an ISP. I have an arduino NG modified to be a programmer. (search for the howto at tinker.it) I program mostly with a texteditor and use a makefile. Especially with the arduino BT this a lot easier.
But you will wipeout the bootloader, so once you start with it you can't go back. Unless you flash the bootloader of course.

I only have one ARDUINO here (the BT one), so I can't use another to program it.

I found this:

Is this what you are talking about? Would it work to the BT?

I've also found things about a BSD parallel programmer, which is a bit different from this one.

About the "out of sync" error, I got the ARDUINO to work in another computer after many tries (I mean MANY). I guess there's some interference in the first computer... I'll try to put the BT adapter closer of the ARDUINO.

Any results (guess they are good) I'll post here.

I have this programmer. I suppose this parallel programmer will work. But I don't use windows and I don't have a parallelport.

Best thing you can do is search around on this site with google to get some info about ISP's.

Hey... I've noticed something weird... My IDE alway return the "not in sync error", although, after that when I reset the ARDUINO, the program is there and working.

That's strange, but it's working... I dont knw why nor how, but it's working.

Thanks for all the help.