arduinome not recognised on mac

Hello,

After some problems with unsped shield I finally flashed arduino on windows vista! I named it a40h-001. and after that I followed the rest of the instructions. A checked it with arduinomeserial and was recognised. then I uploaded the firmware.Everything went OK And then I restarted everything and checked one more time that arduinome was recognised by arduinomeserial. and everything seemed alright!

When I connect arduinome to my mac arduinomeserial does not recognise it.And when I open Arduino software it appears with different name than the one on windows.

I am pretty sure that the drivers are OK because I have a spare arduino that I checked if it was working,and works fine.

Should I try to flash arduino again?

any ideas?

thank you

.And when I open Arduino software it appears with different name than the one on windows.

That is odd. I did this for my project:- http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Hardware/Mini_Monome.html and didn't have that problem. Check the web site for instructions of how I flashed the arduino.

hi byronfelt and grumpy_mike

I would be interseted to know how you managed to make the arduinome work on your mac. I have not the same issue but I have some troubles to make mine work properly. I could change the "serial number" to a40h-123 (maybe without the - , could that be a problem?), arduinome serial recognize it well, all leds OK. When I do the test with the monome_base patches it receives the button signals (without making the led flashing anyway) and when I click on the led grid, they flashes. But, as soon as I try to launch another patch from Max runtime or even PD and chuck, it doesn't work at all. I just manage to make something with pong in chuck but it wasn't pong, it was a strange "some leds flash strangely" patch. So if you have tips, I am all ears. thanks. did

pleaaaaase... :'(

as soon as I try to launch another patch from Max runtime or even PD and chuck, it doesn't work at all.

So are you saying the first time it works and then after that it doesn't?

It sounds like you are not establishing the MAX link correctly. What does the ardunome serial say? Does it still think it is still connected and can you still do the test from it?

Yes I can do all the test after a non working patch. Arduinomeserial stays the same whatever I do. I also think that it can be a link probem but I don't know where to look for. Anyway when i do the tests, the buttons are illuminating only if I select the output "to arduinome serial" on the patch, but this is normal, isn't it. Also, if I run the test patch, I can see the TX and RX leds on the arduino blinking together, but when I try another patch I can only see the TX blinking (sending a message I suppose) but not the RX.

but this is normal, isn't it.

Of course.

but when I try another patch I can only see the TX blinking (sending a message I suppose) but not the RX.

So you have not got the link between MAX and arduinoserial working. It sounds like there is nothing wrong with the arduino, just your understanding of MAX.

only if I select the output "to arduinome serial" on the patch

Yes you would hope that it would be. If a MAX patch doesn't have this option then it will not work.

Yes but I am using patches downloadable from the monome website and not only the max ones but also the chuck ones.
THere is a tutorial with the _40_life.ck patch, they sort of say that it’s almost like “plug and play”, but it doesn’t work (under osx, it works with XP in parallel desktop)
But it’s true that I am as new in arduinos as I am with max.

Ok, I have solved the problem. I don't use midi on my computer really often so I didn't noticed that the drivers were corrupted (I really don't know why) and it was crashing the "midi and audio setup utility" of OSX. The other day my computer had a kernel panic, so I had to re-install OSX and now everything is working fine (so far). Thanks anyway.