Arduinos not being connected

I was having problems with the IDE causing the BSOD. To solve this I copied the Arduino directory in My Computer to a pen drive and then deleted it in My Computer. I then deleted the Arduino 1.0.1 directory and re-downloaded from arduino.cc and installed 1.0.1 anew. Now I don't get the BSOD but when I plug my Arduinos into the USB port, I get a " USB device not recognised" message from Windows. Strangely, the message keeps flashing up, then goes away. It never stops doing this until you remove the Arduino from the USB. BSOD is the nickname for the famous Windows error message if you don't know(stands for blue screen of death).

Jim

Hi,

This happened to me too, some weeks ago, when i tryed to install the drivers for the Arduino board. As I understood, the problem is that the drivers may not be properly installed, so they cause a critical error of the system. I didn't solved it, because I quitted the problem installing it again on another computer, but I think is possible to find and remove manually all drivers an files from arduino from the PC, and then install the drivers again. Try it out! Good luck.

Easyelectronic: Hi,

This happened to me too, some weeks ago, when i tryed to install the drivers for the Arduino board. As I understood, the problem is that the drivers may not be properly installed, so they cause a critical error of the system. I didn't solved it, because I quitted the problem installing it again on another computer, but I think is possible to find and remove manually all drivers an files from arduino from the PC, and then install the drivers again. Try it out! Good luck.

Tried it! No luck. I'm thinking of reformatting the drive and re-loading Windows.

Jim

Hi,

I searched for a while in the web and didn't find anything. I also tryed to delete some system file containing any trace of arduino but nothing. Possibly the drivers are installed on the COM port, so they cannot be unistalled if not uninstalling the drivers about your usb ports. You better save your important files and format it. But careful when installing again the drivers, it may happen again.