ArduinoYun LEDs (WLAN and USB indicator).

Hi,

I just got my brand new ArduinoYun and start playing with it. I am facing some problems to get it connected to my WiFi ( but this is not the issue I want to address in this post) and the WLAN LED does not seem to blink or lit when the WiFI is working.

I saw that in LuCi there is a view to set the LED configuration; but it is empty.

So I check the documentation of OpenWrt http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/system#leds and base on that added a configuration for the WLAN led.

Now the WLAN lead is blinking and it is easier to tell the status of the network.

My questions are:

• Why was the WLAN lead not working out of the box? Is it meant to be like this so that it is up to the user to decide how to use the led?

• I have not tried led the USB but I am guessing that the lead will also not work by default, and I do not see a trigger (see available triggers) that I could use to create the LED configuration for it. Is it so that I need to install kmod-ledtrig in Linino to get this trigger ?

• Which is the led ath9k-phy0 physical in the board?

Available leds:

Available triggers:

available_leds.png

available_triggers.png

WiFi LED conf.png

hectorzeta:

My questions are:

• Why was the WLAN lead not working out of the box? Is it meant to be like this so that it is up to the user to decide how to use the led?

• I have not tried led the USB but I am guessing that the lead will also not work by default, and I do not see a trigger (see available triggers) that I could use to create the LED configuration for it. Is it so that I need to install kmod-ledtrig in Linino to get this trigger ?

• Which is the led ath9k-phy0 physical in the board?

The led ath9k-phy0 is first led IEEE 802.3 Fast Ethernet Switch. It is WAN (ethernet indicator) .

In a single chip, the AR9331 includes a MIPS 24K processor, five-port IEEE 802.3 Fast Ethernet Switch with MAC/PHY, one USB 2.0 MAC/PHY, and external memory interface for serial Flash, SDRAM, DDR1 or DDR2, I2S/SPDIF-Out audio interface, SLIC VOIP/PCM interface, UART, and GPIOs that can be used for LED controls or other general purpose interface configurations.

Turn on USB led:

Please follow OP method to setup wifi led.

Sonnyyu thanks for the answer.

What it is still unclear for me is if it expected that the WLAN led does not blink by default (out of the box). Because I was expecting it to work without the need to configure it. I mean it is not a big deal to set it up; but it would be nicer if it is configured by default.

The WLAN of my Yun is working now, however after I upload any sketche it stops working until either I reboot Linino or I configure the led again. Does anyone know why is this happening?

sonnyyu:
Turn on USB led:

This will turn on the USB led regardless of the activity in the USB port right? What I would like is to have the triggers so that I can configure this led to blink on USB activity.

kmod-ledtrig-usbdev - 3.8.3-1 - Kernel module to drive LEDs based on USB device presence/activity.

opkg update
opkg install kmod-ledtrig-usbdev

Now you setup Trigger:usbdev, but still no help. after investegate diagram of Yun. found out all the event has been block by AU6350.