ArduinoYun on localHost

I´ve been working with Arduino Yun conected with a network provided by an acces point (a home-router). But it doesn´t have acces to internet, it just give me a localhost conection. My laptop and arduino yun are conected to it. It works fine. I want to know How can I use Arduino Yun to send data in a database using localhost.

Sorry Steven, I don't understand. You say your yun cannot access internet but only localhost (this doesn't make much sense), then you need help in using a database using localhost

What exactly is your problem? Can you detail what you're trying to do and where you got stuck?

I don't have an answer, but I think I understand his problem: he has a private wireless network. On that network is his Yun and his laptop, and they are able to communicate with each other. He wants to have the Yun send data to a database on his laptop. The restriction is that this private network has no connection to the Internet, so he needs a solution that works on the local network: he can't use something like Xively or Temboo, since he can't access an external server.

I think the confusion is the use of the term localhost: while this means using the network protocols to access the same computer on which the client software is running, in this case it looks like he's using the term to refer to the local network. If you replace the term localhost with the phrase local network, I think the problem statement makes more sense.

I think the gist of the solution is that he needs to run some sort of database server on the laptop, and then send data to it from the Yun, but I don't have any suggestions on how to actually do that.

Excuse me for my English.

ShapeShifter says well. This is the problem.

ShapeShifter: I think the gist of the solution is that he needs to run some sort of database server on the laptop, and then send data to it from the Yun, but I don't have any suggestions on how to actually do that.

Steven_Tabango:
Excuse me for my English.

No need to apologize, your English is very good! It’s just a difficult problem to describe.

there is a good example here of running a DB on the yun and updating it from a sketch. Not quite what you want.

http://yunadventures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/setting-up-yun-to-write-pin-data-to.html

you can write a python script that runs on your Yun using the Connector/Python library provided by Oracle http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html In the documentation you can find how to configure parameters to connect to a remote database

The python connector to mysql is available as an optional package. Please run

opkg update
opkg install python-mysql