Ardunio BT

I'm a newbie. :o

I need something lightweight to fit on a moving object, so no wires. Do I buy the Arduino BT or by a separate module and connect to an Arduino Uno? Why doesn't the Arduino online catalog list Arduino BT? Is there a problem with Arudino BT or has the market shifted in another direction? What do you recommend for power supply? Is there a convenient way to connect the supply to the board?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Get a separate module, there's loads to choose from. If you're going to strap a full Uno board to this moving object and power it with batteries, then the weight of the BT module is irrelevant.

Do a bit of research for a smaller low-power board for starters.

Awesome! :)

Also, for some reason I am having trouble working on some of my computers. I suspect this is because Arduino IDE does not work on all PC processors. For example, a "blink test" works on (1) but not (2) and (3) (below).

(1) Intel (R) Core (TM)2, 64 bit (2) AMD A-10-8700P Radeon R6, 64 bit, x64 based processor (3) Intel (R) Core (TM)2, 32 bit

Am I getting this right?

AFAIK if you have installed the IDE properly everything should work on every PC.

If there is a problem you either won't be able to verify a program or you won't be able to upload it.

I can't think of any reason why the content of the Arduino code could have any effect other than failing to verify if there is an error in the code. And an error is an error on any PC.

...R

Still not working. :frowning:

Performed numerous tests. Got Arduino IDE working on two different 64 bit machines but not 32 bit. (On 32 bit, blink test produces a steady light with a little flicker.) Arduino driver folder also suggests support for amd and intel 64 bit only. Arduino for 32-bit machines is simply a no-go.

This can't be right. I don't think Arduino would or should know or care how many bits the PC has. You don't say which versoin of the IDE you use but, if the latest version was 64bit only, I'm sure everybody would know about it, and you probably just haven't installed it properly. My most-used IDE is 1.5 on an ancient laptop with XP Home.

lattery: Still not working. :(

Performed numerous tests. Got Arduino IDE working on two different 64 bit machines but not 32 bit. (On 32 bit, blink test produces a steady light with a little flicker.) Arduino driver folder also suggests support for amd and intel 64 bit only. Arduino for 32-bit machines is simply a no-go.

The PC I am writing this on is running the latest 32-bit Linux and the IDE works perfectly well.

Your comments are not giving us useful information to enable us to help you.

What do you mean by "still not working"?

It sounds to me like your IDE is actually working and is uploading a program to the Arduino. Is that true?

Just to avoid all possible confusion please post the Arduino program that you are trying to upload.

If the IDE is not working properly and you cannot upload programs then please tell us exactly what happens.

...R