Ardunio Uno ICSP Pitch

I am trying to make a PCB design that i can slot an Ardunio onto. The program i use is called Proteus 8 and its the one needed at my university.

I’m just looking for plug and play projects so i can reuse the Ardunio but at the same time i don’t want to remake the PCB design every time.

Proteus 8 comes with parts library however there is no support for Ardunio and since I use it so much I though id go ahead and make the Designs.

The problem i have run into is the ICSP pins on the Ardunio Uno. I can find their placement on the board other than they are in line with the RX and A5 pins.

Can someone please inform me of their distance away from any of these pins (in mil or inch please).
Attatched are the current PCB designs i have (including the WIP Uno).

What program is that?

It may be worth downloading a (free) copy of Eagle, then finding an Arduino library for Eagle (Element 14 has a good one) and copying the pin placements out of that. Not all of the pins are on a regular 0.1" grid.

so far there is a 0.19" and a 0.2" (190th and 200th) spacers that are different than the standard 1mil spacers.

Arduino Offset Header « Project Blog Link explaining where i got my dimensions from.

The only part its missing is the space between the A5 pin and the ICSP pins.

I though it would be a lot quicker to have someone with a precision measuring tool and a Uno to measure it rather than having to download a new program and find out how it works + how to get the information i need (which would take at least an hour).

And Proteus 8 is a schematic and PCB design package with a few more advanced features (like simulations).

I measure 22.5mm from the A5 pin to the first pin on the inner row of the ICSP header. Then it's 25.5mm to D0/RX. As near as I can tell the inner row is in line with A5 and D0.

That's on an Uno R3, measuring with a simple ruler.

Ok just to make sure could you possible measure between RX and the closest ICSP pin as well.
I assume it will be the same distance which would make the spacing exactly 850mil (21.59mm) on each side (with the total space from A5 to RX being 1900mil)

I measured 48mm from A5 to D0.

A5 -- (22.5mm) -- ICSP pin -- (2*2.54mm) -- (X mm) -- D0

X = 48 - 22.5 - 2*2.54 = 20.4mm

But my ruler has 1mm divisions so I can't measure 0.1mm with it. To me it looks like 20.5mm. Likewise I don't know if the full width is 48.0mm or 47.9 or even 48.2. But it will probably work okay anyway. When you solder in headers there is often a little tilt to them. And there is some flexibility as well so being a little off won't kill you.

If you want better accuracy I'd suggest using the Eagle files.

Well i think this is the correct design for the Uno. Appreciate the help. :slight_smile:

center of power header 1550 x 100
center of analog header 2250 x 100
center of ICSP header 2555.51181 x 1098.0315
center of D0 header 2150 x 2000
center of D8 header 1290 x 2000
lower left corner of board at 0 x 0 mil

AceScottie:
I though it would be a lot quicker to have someone with a precision measuring tool and a Uno to measure it rather than having to download a new program and find out how it works + how to get the information i need (which would take at least an hour).

And now you have the detailed information, after waiting somewhat more than an hour.

Personally I would prefer to have the information direct from the file that was used to manufacture the board instead of having someone I don't know measure it with equipment I don't know.

I have to go down to a 5mil grid.
Center of the ICSP block is 2555, 1100.
2505, 1000 and 2605, 1200 are the centers of the outside pads.
Lower left corner is 0, 0.
Leo..

The info I posted was from the Eagle file for the Duemilanove.
Right click a part, select Properties, the placement dimensions are shown.

Would have been nice if the ICSP header was a little more north, makes for a tight squeeze with a '1284P next to it.

Hi,
Did you gargle proteus 8 arduino pcb

http://www.millionbitz.com/2015/04/arduino-uno-shield-proteus-pcb-package.html

Tom.... :slight_smile: