Ardweeny Questions

I've ordered the Solarbotics Ardweeny, a smaller and much cheaper arduino-based microcontroller that uses the atmega368 chip. I'm now ordering the remaining parts I need for the project, but as an electronics n00b, I'm not sure what I need, or if how I'm imagining it right now is correct. The project is for a RB2 drumkit that lights up when you strike the pad. I've got piezo sensors inside the drumpad, and I'm wondering if I can use this as an input for the arduino. I'm also wondering if I've got the hookups for power and the LEDs correct. I've drawn out a schematic with one LED as an example. But in reality there will be 10 or more on each output, in parallel.

*Hmm, seems I cant link an image for my first post!

The area inside the dotted line is the circuit that I already have in place for my existing circuit. I'd like to be able to simply re-use this, but I have a feeling that I may overload the inputs on the arduino, I'm not sure of its limits.

k here's the schematic.

Edit: Switched from TinyCad to Diptrace. Updated Schematic

I couldn’t see the hi res version of the schematic so can’t see the type of FETs you are using. You need a pull up resistor on the FET going into the analogue input. Just to be safe I would put a 100R resistor in line with the FET gates to limit initial current surges (a FET gate is a discharged capacitor so can exceed current limits briefly on switch on). The capacitor on the analogue input looks to be the wrong way round, 10uF might be a bit big for the size of pulse you get out of the transducer.

Otherwise it looks OK.

I couldn't see the hi res version of the schematic so can't see the type of FETs you are using

Looks like 2N7000 for the piezo and RFP30N06LE for the LEDs.

OK those FETs will turn on fine with 5V.

I couldn't see the hi res version of the schematic so can't see the type of FETs you are using. You need a pull up resistor on the FET going into the analogue input. Just to be safe I would put a 100R resistor in line with the FET gates to limit initial current surges (a FET gate is a discharged capacitor so can exceed current limits briefly on switch on). The capacitor on the analogue input looks to be the wrong way round, 10uF might be a bit big for the size of pulse you get out of the transducer.

You couldnt see because of problems with imageshack? Coding Badly got them right.

Why do I need a pull-up resistor on the fet going into the analog input? (the 2n7000) What does it do? And would it go before the gate, or by the source or drain? That section of the schematic is what is currently driving my existing circuit. The 10nF capacitor there is simply to fade the LEDs out slightly after each hit of the drumpad. I'm thinking that because I can control the fade of the LEDs with the arduino, I should just get rid of the capacitor entirely.

And the guys I'm talking to in IRC are saying a 100R resistor in front of the Fets would slow switching time, which I do not want.

A few other questions related to the arduino (which I'm sure will apply to the ardweeny as well), if there's a manual somewheres that will answer these(and other questions), let me know!

Do the analog outputs output a voltage?
I'm going to be driving multiple LED strings, but I can only hook them up to the PWM outputs? which are D3,5,6 and 9,10,11? Or can I hook them up to the other outputs as well and have full control over the fading of them? I have RGB Leds and am told I need a PWM controller for them to display evenly. I have seen in examples LEDs being hooked up to more than just the PWM outputs, so I'm not really sure.

note: just got my ardweeny in the mail today, assembling soon!