Are all W5100 ethernet shields the same?

I wan't to buy an ethernet shield. It's important it a) works with the 3.3V logic of an arduino DUE and b) doesn't clash with the adafruit motor shield I want to stack on top.

Now I know the official ethernet shield does not clash with the adafruit motor shield (I asked a guy from adafruit), the motor shield uses the SCL and SDA pins. If i buy a non official ethernet shield like this one (W5100) will it use different pins than the official one and clash with the motor shield or not?

Would it work with 3.3V logik levels?

bestanamnetnogonsin:
Would it work with 3.3V logik levels?

The shield linked by you will only work with 5V boards.

It's the Ethernet shield v5 design, where the v5 does not mean 5V but the meaning is "version 5" board design.

The Arduino original Ethernet shields that work also with 3.3V are labelled "Shield model Ethernet R3". If you have a look on the headers you will find that those shields have alle the "R3 design" headers, so the header with the pin-8 to pin-13 have connectors for:
8 9 10 11 12 13 GND AREF SCL SDA

In the v5 Ethernet shield design, SCL and SDA are missing.
As well as the IOREF pin beside the RESET connector is missing, so it's NOT 3.3V compatible.

So basically you're saying I have to buy this official one? Because it:

1)Supports 3.3V

and

1. I can use SCL and SDA for the motor shield.

Am I correct?

bestanamnetnogonsin:
So basically you're saying I have to buy this official one?

So basically I'm saying what I've said:

bestanamnetnogonsin:
2) I can use SCL and SDA for the motor shield.

Am I correct?

Stacking of shields will only work in very, very rare cases.
So if you want to know if your third-party motor shield woul be compatible for stacking on an original Ethernet shield that sits on an Arduino DUE, you better ask the producer or vendor of that shield if that would be working.

So basically I'm saying what I've said:

But the official shield works with 3.3V?

Sorry if I didn't understand you correctly :blush:

bestanamnetnogonsin:
But the official shield works with 3.3V?

Sorry if I didn't understand you correctly :blush:

All original Arduino shields that have fully implemented the R3 layout are compatible with the Arduino DUE.

So straight away you could use the "Arduino WiFi R3" as well as the "Arduino Ethernet Shield R3" with the DUE.

Shields which are not in the R3 layout are nearly guaranteed not to work with the DUE, because those shields are "5V only by design".

And with shields that are indeed layouted with "R3 design", but by a "third party circuit design", you better be careful when you’re plugging such stuff into the DUE! Ask the manufacturer or vendor, if his shield is compatible with the DUE!

As well as you intend "stacking" of shields: Stacking of different shields is only in rare cases possible at all.