Are they going to extend the built-in Wifi on more boards?

Hi everyone!

I couldn't find the board for the Mega so I'm sorry if I post in the wrong place.

Buy maybe you can answer my question. Are they going to implement a new rev. on the Mega/Due family with the built-in Wifi just like the Uno? It would be great to have so many pins avaible and not to worry about buying and programming a 3ºparty shield (and raging when it does not work).

Sorry again if this post does not belong here.

I have not heard any news to indicate that is planned. Arduino announces their new boards months before they actually become available for purchase so if this is going to happen, it's a long ways off.

I'll be very surprised if Arduino ever releases another product that uses the SAM architecture of the Due again since they have not done any significant development in that area for a long time and had even retired the Due at one point.

pert:
I have not heard any news to indicate that is planned. Arduino announces their new boards months before they actually become available for purchase so if this is going to happen, it's a long ways off.

I'll be very surprised if Arduino ever releases another product that uses the SAM architecture of the Due again since they have not done any significant development in that area for a long time and had even retired the Due at one point.

It's a pity then. I used a MKR1000 for a project and it worked well...until I ran out of digital pins...

Now I have to use a Mega/Due and build the Wifi shield or continue with the MKR and use pin extenders. And I think none of both options are going to end well for me.

If only there was a big board with plenty of digital pins and a built-in wifi ready to use (using the libraries)...

you could use WiFi101 shield clone with WiFi101 library you used with MKR1000

Juraj:
you could use WiFi101 shield clone with WiFi101 library you used with MKR1000

That would be wonderful! But I couldn't find any clone since the product is discontinued. At least not on the usual sites or with enough "reputation"

Predi:
That would be wonderful! But I couldn't find any clone since the product is discontinued. At least not on the usual sites or with enough "reputation"

on the linked page top right is a link to the Adafruit version of the shield. it uses the WiFi101 library too

Juraj:
on the linked page top right is a link to the Adafruit version of the shield. it uses the WiFi101 library too

Thanks but I'm afraid I cannot afford that cost. They don't sell that item on my country (Spain), and importing it would cost too much ( x3 or x4 times more).

Tried to google it on some retailers, amazon... but no one sells it.

what country/? e-shops all over the world have it.

Juraj:
what country/? e-shops all over the world have it.

I'm from Spain. Just checked the big ones and none of them have it on catalog. So I'll have to go to a country that is part of the EU and buy it (and expect they don't bleed me with transport cost)

Predi:
I'm from Spain. Just checked the big ones and none of them have it on catalog. So I'll have to go to a country that is part of the EU and buy it (and expect they don't bleed me with transport cost)

google "Adafruit WINC1500 shield"

here

they have a good shipping price in Europe. I bought something from them once.

Juraj:
here
Adafruit WINC1500 WiFi Shield met PCB Antenne - Adafruit

they have a good shipping price in Europe. I bought something from them once.

Niiiice man! Thank you so much!