are this power supply can run two axis cnc machine ?

hi
i working in a cnc machine two axis nema 17 stepper motors the motors are need 12v to run but how many amber the motors need ? can this power supplys run them in full speed ?
that's are the power supplys
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-120W-12V-10A-Slim-Power-Supply-AC-DC-Adapter-For-LED-Strip-110V-250V/32280635820.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.102.RhWSOk&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_3_505_506_503_504_10020_502_10001_10002_10017_10010_10005_10011_10006_10003_10021_10004_10022_10009_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201560_5,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_6451&btsid=32cedba4-c8fa-4b50-9028-7eb4c1cdff24

or
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LED-Power-Supply-12V-5A-60W-LED-Driver-Power-Supply-Switching-Strip-3528-5050-Lighting-For/32508930559.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.263.RhWSOk&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_3_505_506_503_504_10020_502_10001_10002_10017_10010_10005_10011_10006_10003_10021_10004_10022_10009_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201560_5,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_6451&btsid=32cedba4-c8fa-4b50-9028-7eb4c1cdff24

or there are any cheap power supply cheaper then them ?

You need to post a link to the datasheet for your stepper motors.

What stepper motor driver are you planning to use?

If the motors are nominally 12v motors you should probably be using a 20v or higher power supply.

Have a look at Stepper Motor Basics

...R

thank you
that's are the two motors that i will use
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nema-17-Stepper-Motor-bipolar-4-leads-34mm-12V-0-4A-26Ncm-37oz-in-3D-printer/32261820443.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.2oVZ1m&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_3_505_506_503_504_502_10001_10002_10017_10010_10005_10011_10006_10003_10004_10009_10008,searchweb201560_5,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_6451&btsid=19dece94-f79f-46dd-8321-d1893bce222f

The linked motors have 30 ohm windings, 0.26 Nm torque and a current rating of 0.4 amperes, which is rather low power, speed and torque.

The linked power supply would be adequate, but for higher speed you would want higher voltage. The motors may not be suitable for your application.

http://tinyurl.com/

try it and see if it works well for you.

but, you can just use a transformer, diodes to rectify and then a REALLY LARGE capacitor to deliver your voltage.

I have these motors which are somewhat similar. I usually power them at 19v from a laptop power supply, and a higher voltage would be better.

I use Pololu A4988 stepper drivers.

...R

Robin2:
I have these motors which are somewhat similar. I usually power them at 19v from a laptop power supply, and a higher voltage would be better.

I use Pololu A4988 stepper drivers.

...R

are't 12v are the Maximum for his motor ?

No, voltage ratings for stepper motors aren't very useful. The most important rating is the current.

elsharkawey:
are’t 12v are the Maximum for his motor ?

That’s why I gave you the link to Stepper Motor Basics in Reply #1

…R

elsharkawey:

no, stepper motor voltage is just a number picked from doing coil and current measurements.
the coil gets charged by voltage, the speed of the charge is dependant on the voltage and current.
if you know the current and resistance, ohms law gives you a number for voltage.

but, with that number you can figure how well it will perform.
using that derived number, and applying that voltage, the motor can be charged with an open circuit to the power supply. in other words, no resistor or special circuit is needed because the wire size/resistance/turns will allow the coil to be charged to a current that can be both achieved and sustained by said voltage.

now, if you double the voltage, you can over power the coil, so you chop the power once the current has been delivered.
the neat thing is that if you double the voltage, you cut the time it takes to charge the coil in half. that means that you can spin the motor twice as fast. however the coil is an inductor and as you try to charge it faster, you find that inductive reactance prevents a simple double voltage = double speed result.

but higher voltage does mean higher speeds.
torque is proportional to current. so if you use 12v and can charge the coil 700 times a minute you get x torque
if you double the voltage and can spin the motor 1,000 times a minute, you get over 50% more torque.
it is not linear, but you can power a stepper to about 30 times it's nameplate voltage with a GOOD quality driver AND a HIGH QUALITY pulse signal.
just because you send 2k ppm does not mean they are evenly spaced and or crisp signal values.
now, about the maximum voltage for the linked motor, the practical maximum voltage is under 400 volts, but since you cannot get circuits for that, and it would be silly to try, the very low end hobby drivers we do use, like the A4899 have a practical 24 volt limit. stepper motors are really just coils. and coils have an inductive kickback or back EMF. this can easily be 120% of the power supply voltage. So the spec sheet says you can run a motor up to 35 volts, but without really top notch circuitry, you can expect that with a 24 volt power supply, the driver might see over 30 volts from the back emf.
to compare torque, if you used the same motor, but rated for 5 volts, it would cost a little more, but be able to deliver more than twice the power.
alas, in the hobby arena, such things are not that important and most suppliers are trying to be 2 cents cheaper than the next guy. you would be hard pressed to find a 1.2 v stepper from the usual sources.

Robin2:
That's why I gave you the link to Stepper Motor Basics in Reply #1

...R

although it is a good introduction, it does not really cover voltages properly.
and the bit about the L298 not having a current limiting circuit is just incorrect.
SenseA and SenseB are listed pins.
from the data sheet "..The sense output voltage can be used to control the current amplitude by chopping the inputs,"
the L298 is a chopper driver.
it is not a microstepper driver, but that is yet another couple chapters.....
I do recommend people read that page, but it is not a great source to use for selection of motors from the various sources.
to be fair, steppers are almost an entire study to themselves. no one page, or even chapter will give anything more than an introduction.
but, few people ever want to read a book in order to pick a part.
in the hobby market, the best we can do is offer something that might work, keep people away from the toys that will not, and once they try to get it to work, will either live with what they get, or get better stuff.

dave-in-nj:
although it is a good introduction, it does not really cover voltages properly.
and the bit about the L298 not having a current limiting circuit is just incorrect.
....SNIP....
but, few people ever want to read a book in order to pick a part.

My Tutorial is addressed to the many rather than the few.

It does not purport to be an exhaustive study of every possible option for driving a stepper motor.

I said "stepper motors are normally driven with a much higher voltage" and I remain of the view that that is sufficient for the purpose for which the Tutorial was written.

I have never yet seen an L298 board with a potentiometer to set the maximum current to protect a motor from high currents due to the use of high voltages. Such things (or their equivalent) are standard on specialized stepper drivers.

Feel free to write a "better" tutorial.

...R

Robin2:
My Tutorial is addressed to the many rather than the few.

It does not purport to be an exhaustive study of every possible option for driving a stepper motor.

I said "stepper motors are normally driven with a much higher voltage" and I remain of the view that that is sufficient for the purpose for which the Tutorial was written.

I have never yet seen an L298 board with a potentiometer to set the maximum current to protect a motor from high currents due to the use of high voltages. Such things (or their equivalent) are standard on specialized stepper drivers.

Feel free to write a "better" tutorial.

...R

My post was not criticizing your work. your work is a very good reference and it has helped a lot of people

but, as you mention, it is not an exhaustive treatise of all things stepper related.
the reason for my post was that after reading your link, a poster asked more about voltage and your referred him back to that link. he read it and had more detailed questions.

as for the L2988 boards not having pots to adjust the current limiters....
they are not on the board. you have to remove the jumper and add pots. sense A and senseB jumpers are brought out to the jumpers. besides, for most motor applications, you set it once, then use it for years. a simple resistor does that.

the board is a universal board that can be used for either seppers or a DC motor so are not always needed.

I maintain that application should drive the parts selection. the A4988 is not better than the L298 if you need half steps. but the L298 is a great tool to have in the box when you need to be ready to drive any hobby range motor. the A4988 only uses 2 pins. a point that should make it the much better option if all else is the same when using it for steppers.

as for age and technology, when are we going to move away from wire ? Ben Franklin used wires... it has been around for centuries.... printer circuit boards, over 75 years old....

dave-in-nj:
the reason for my post was that after reading your link, a poster asked more about voltage and your referred him back to that link. he read it and had more detailed questions.

That is an assumption I am not comfortable with - hence my second attempt to bring the Tutorial to his attention.

Undoubtedly you can remove jumpers and do stuff to an L298 board. It is also possible to paint the outside of a house with an artist's paint brush and artist's paints. And removing jumpers etc. won't remove the energy inefficiency of the L298 or reduce the computational load a h-bridge imposes on the Arduino when driving stepper motors. My approach is to suggest a simple solution.

...R

can this charger can run this two motors in the same time it's only 3.42A ?
charger
http://goo.gl/WQlWIv
two of this motor
http://goo.gl/CJOeEH

elsharkawey:
can this charger can run this two motors in the same time it's only 3.42A ?
charger
http://goo.gl/WQlWIv
two of this motor
http://goo.gl/CJOeEH

the motor is 0.4 amp, 12 volts
the power supply is 4.2 amps
since both are 12 vdc, you have a constant amp load on the power supply.
no need to calculate watts.
if the stepper were a much lower voltage and you used a chopper driver, then you would need to do more calculations because the current draw of a chopper is not constant.

Robin2:
That is an assumption I am not comfortable with - hence my second attempt to bring the Tutorial to his attention.

Undoubtedly you can remove jumpers and do stuff to an L298 board. It is also possible to paint the outside of a house with an artist's paint brush and artist's paints. And removing jumpers etc. won't remove the energy inefficiency of the L298 or reduce the computational load a h-bridge imposes on the Arduino when driving stepper motors. My approach is to suggest a simple solution.

...R

this is absurd to being ridiculous. are you against using LED's because you have to, o-my-gosh, use a resistor.. it is not mounted on the LED !!! and using a resonator is such a huge waste of energy, the inefficiency is horrible.
to be honest, you have to add a pot to an arduino to get a pot input. do you condemn the arduino because of that failing ?
the entire concept of you being on this site is to help others assemble the parts needed to reach a workable solution.
as for the computational overhead, you mean like an LCD ? or serial printing ? or using a shift register ? things that take 10 times more computational overhead ?
every part we discuss has merit in some way or another. the L298 is clearly not the best stepper driver, but it is vastly superior to 4 transistors.
my point is that I do not need a maserati to run down the street to get some milk.
it boils down to application.

dave-in-nj:
this is absurd to being ridiculous. are you against using LED's because you have to, o-my-gosh, use a resistor.. it is not mounted on the LED !!!

I won't respond to this. I have already said all I feel I need to say to assist the OP.

...R