Are you getting extra ALERTS

UPDATE !

Can we concentrate on regular notifications using “You were quoted” and “topic replies” ONLY !.
This is NOT for the “@username” function.

Please keep a keen eye on the amount of alerts you get and that they correspond to the post only once.

Extra notifications and or duplicates qualify as a FAIL condition if they refer to the same post #.
They should be listed here please along with the topic AND the timestamps to aid checking of logs in the backroom.
Links to UNREACHABLE posts should not be included here BTW as that may be a seperate problem.

EG. post “xyz” < link, from user “name” < link at 1.00 pm and again at 1.00 pm (note times may also vary too)

Or

(link to EXACT post #) and the the two notification times.

I really want to try and nail this sucker down once and for all but I also need all of your help in doing so.
Hence the hail mary and an overload of information :fearful:

I'll report here next time I see that

Ok Bob...!

OK I think I have one. As of 2021-01-31 @ 12:26 AM PST, I have 5 alerts, the third one says

guix replied to the topic Re: Can pointers be use to extract a uint32_t from a buffer? January 30, 2021, 04:07:48 pm

and the fifth one says

guix replied to the topic Re: Can pointers be use to extract a uint32_t from a buffer? January 30, 2021, 03:38:00 pm

which have two different timestamps but both lead to the same post #14

This fell below my annoyance threshold, so I only mention it because you said that you wanted to " nail this sucker down once and for all".
I hope this was helpful.

@Beavis4ever

You may want to also catch up on some of the other posts in this section.

Further development has now CEASED.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.