Are you legally allowed to edit your own homes wiring?

My friend who owns the jarvis software keeps saying he doesn't wanna make a dev friendly version of the board because people might do it wrong, and not be up to code, or they can hurt themselves and he is responsible. I keep saying he just needs a warning like "Teknik Industries is not responsible for ,damage to personal property, Personal injury or injury of others, death,) or something like that, and that you can edit your own house? opinions?

Also it was my idea to build the board and use the new SODIMM RPI to run the software (Single system image, load balancing,). The board I will design if it is legal, is a board with the SODIMM pi's clustered, the atmega328 to control the relays, and whatever sensors/outputs there are, and all of the pi's ports as well as it's own GPIO header. Thank you.

EDIT: also if it says developer board wouldn't a judge expect the person who improperly uses it to be a developer/professional and take their own risk when using it?

In the US the National Electric Code disallows an individual to adjust mains wiring unless they are a licensed electrician. I'm not sure how strict that rule is, e.g. if it disallows replacing a light fixture or such, but y'know.

The electric regulations and the measures needed to protect the manufacturer may vary between markets.

Also it was my idea to build the board and use the new SODIMM RPI to run the software (Single system image, load balancing,). The board I will design if it is legal, is a board with the SODIMM pi's clustered, the atmega328 to control the relays, and whatever sensors/outputs there are, and all of the pi's ports as well as it's own GPIO header. Thank you.

What are you talking about, and what does this have to do house wiring?

In the UK you can do any wiring so long as it ends in a plug. You can not permanently wire things into the mains ( AC power ) unless you are qualified.

However as Crossroads says this is nothing to do with electronic stuff.

Chagrin:
In the US the National Electric Code disallows an individual to adjust mains wiring unless they are a licensed electrician. I'm not sure how strict that rule is, e.g. if it disallows replacing a light fixture or such, but y'know.

The NEC is not a governmental organization with no regulatory powers, it's an industrial organization that publishes standards and recommendation. Typically local city or counties have the authority in this subject with their local building codes and often do stipulate NEC recommended practices. Also one's home insurance may most likely have wording about owner modified or new wiring and not cover fires if the result of owner actions.