ARM Cortex M4

Hi,

I’m searching for a board/mcu like the MEGA/DUE but then better.
Something with a ARM Cortex M4.
I need 4 UART’s.

Is there something like this already?

The DUE has 1 UART and 4 USART(s).

Hi xinfinite,

Adafruit will soon be launching their Metro M4 board that uses the 120MHz, ARM Cortex M4F, SAMD51 on a Uno sized board footprint: Adafruit Metro M4 feat. Microchip ATSAMD51 : ID 3382 : $27.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits. It was due out in November, but hasn't been released just yet.

The board is completely compatible with the Arduino IDE.

I believe that initially they'll be using the SAMD51J19A with 512KB flash and 192KB RAM. This microcontroller has 6 serial communication (SERCOM) ports, capable of being configured as USARTs, SPI or I2C ports. This means you can have 4 UART serial ports, plus SPI and I2C, or any other combination.

I've used the SAMD51J20A (1MB flash, 256KB RAM) with the Arduino IDE on my custom board, using Adafruit's SAMD51 core code on github. It's a really great microcontroller, similar to using the SAMD21 on the Arduino Zero, but 2.5 times faster, with a single precision hardware floating point unit (FPU), more memory, timers and loads of other on-board peripherals.

pjrc.com sells the Teensy line of Arduino compatibles which includes boards with the Cortex M4F.

MartinL:
I believe that initially they'll be using the SAMD51J19A with 512KB flash and 192KB RAM.

Offtopic really; but nice processor, amongst it's 1/2 a billion peripherals is...
Dual 12-bit, 1 MSPS Output Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)

real nice.

Yours,
TonyWilk

It's a really great microcontroller, similar to using the SAMD21 on the Arduino Zero, but 2.5 times faster

It apparently loses the high speed IOBUS to the PORT modules.
Not that any current software seems to USE that at all :frowning:

Hello
Can anyone give me some direction. I had a designer create a board for nrf52810 but wrote the software for nfr52832. nrf52810 does not use I2S and I need to drive LEDs using SPI instead. How can I do it? Any piece of codes out there to look at.
Renald