"armduino" now for less than pro-mini or nano

thats right, more memory, features, and performance than similar “avr-duinos” all for less than 2 dollars free shipping. so maybe if microchip phases out or bumps atmel prices too far then all might not be lost:

STM32F103C8T6. ARM 32 bit Cortex-M3 CPU.
Debug mode: SWD.
64K flash memory, 20K SRAM.
2.0-3.6V power, I/O.
Reset(POR/PDR).
72MHz work frequency.
4-16MHz crystal.
RTC with 32khz crystal and battery auto-backup circuit
On-board Mini USB interface, you can give the board power supply and USB communication.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222082706313

ebay_stm32.JPG

even cheaper on aliexpress but i dont mind paying a few cents more for ebay protection. i already had a couple dozen from when they were 3 bucks, but what the heck, couple dozen more wont hurt.

thanks to roger clark and the people whos work he built upon it is programmable from arduino ide. although i do prefer the manufacturers built-in serial bootloader to the oddball usb kluge popular on that web site.

That is cheap. Very cheap.
What about Arduino support ? continued support for future versions of the Arduino ? compatibility with Arduino ?
When I build a project with it, will the project be useless in a few years ? Some of my projects are ment to work for more than 10 years.

Do you mean these website of Roger Clark ?
www.rogerclark.net/
www.stm32duino.com
I read a message at stm32duino.com : Don't use the new 1.6.6.
That is a problem, because I must use the new Arduino IDE (1.6.8 now), because I2C bugs were finally fixed in 1.6.6 for the ATmega328P.

all good questions!!

@OP

Thanks for the share!

I'll pick some up once I am comfortable on the answers for the questions above!

How are these programmed? Over USB using the Arduino IDE like normal boards?

Or using that programmer (thingy) in the eBay pics?

lol, i thought this thread had been deleted. just by chance found the link in my ffox history.

im not surprised that it was moved here, even though this is not a new product and discussed long time ago in http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=265904.0 . looking back my post did sound somewhat like an ad what with all that enthusiasism. more fact than hyperbole though considering pauls thread was an all time record breaker on this site. maybe my post threatened somebodies bottom line.

anyway im not an expert on these boards or associated with makers. not even a big user like some of those in rogers forum. just impressed by the capability and hard to believe price for what you get. however being an asm-hole still prefer avr over that quite nasty arm instruction set. avr will probably always be my goto chip family.

as far as the version issues i never tried 1.6.6 but can say 1.6.7 worked for what little i attempted.