Arudno Uno Rev1 MacOSX device not recognized

Device Version: Arduino Uno Rev1 OS Version: OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) IDE Version 1.0.5

Problem: Arduino lights up when connected to USB. Tools > Serial Port shows only Bluetooth devices, don't see any any other ports.

Question: Do i have to install the FTDI driver for this model of Arduino? Suggestions?

Many Thanks! :D Vincent

If it is a Genuine Uno, no you don't need FTDI Drivers. (If it is from eBay, Amazon, or Fry's it probably isn't Genuine.)

What shows up "System Information" (Applications/Utilities) when it is connected.

This is what i get.

Please let me know if you need more info for debugging.

Thanks!

Okay, well, that's "Applications" which has nothing to do with the information under "USB".

this?

Either it is a bad cable or the usb to serial chip (atmega8u2) is completely non-functional.

Thank you! Would you mind explaining how you have reached to that conclusion?

Vincent

The Arduino isn't showing up.

I am having this same problem. I have five Uno boards (r3 w/ ATmega328P) none of which are recognized by the OS since updating to Mavericks. All five boards worked fine under 10.8. Any suggestions?

I am trying to confirm a bug that may be related to yours. I'm using a Nano, Mavericks, and FTDI drivers are installed.

My Arduino Nano is getting power from USB and is powered up when booting up the computer. It will not show up in the list of serial devices unless I remove and reconnect the device from the USB port. I think the problem has something to do with the FTDI driver being loaded while the Arduino is still in its boot up sequence, but not sure.

Could you confirm that your device shows up after removing and reconnecting it to USB/power.

I'm hoping there's a way to re-initialize the FTDI driver and recognize the Arduino without having to physically detach and reattach it.