Aruino Nano RP2040 on-board LED no longer blinking on boot?

I am a beginner to Arduino and I have a question about my "Aruino Nano RP2040" which may have a defect?

When I first connected USB voltage, the on-board LEDs begin blinking in orange and green. This seems to me like a kind of boot procedure.

But after a lot of playing with connecting and disconnecting, now the on-board LEDs are no longer blinking when I connect voltage. The green LED is now always lit and I am not able to connect the board with my Notebook.

I wonder if the board can have a kind of hardware defect now? Can anybody explain what the Blinking and not Blinking LEDs on connecting voltage mean?

Thanks for help.

===
Ralph

The blinking was the inital program and this was uninstalled. So blinking or not blinking is not an indicator for hardware defects as I assumed.
If the green LED lit than the board should be fine.

My general problem was that I was unable to upload a new sketch. I always received the message:

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

The strange thing was that I followed an unbelievible advice from this discussion :

After I pressed the reset button on the board quickly 2 times (or 3 times I don't remember) the board worked again and now I can upload sketches.

Can someone explain what this magic "quickly press reset 2 times" means...?

===
Ralph

Press the reset button 2 times, quickly? Well, not just any time - just before you upload. You could Google, "perpetual bootloader mode".

@rsoika check this (Nano RP2040 Connect not being detected on USB port – Arduino Help Center) and try the 3 steps outlined there.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Yes now it is working great again. It was the 'perpetual bootloader issue' I think.
After pressing the reset button 2-times now I can connect again the Arduino on all of my developer notebooks and it is detected correctly.