ASCII to string [SOLVED!!]

Hello all,

I need a conversion from ASCII numbers to the characters they represent, to put into a string. Unless I'm missing something, there are no keywords for this conversion? I'm pretty sad. If there is no other way, am I stuck making a huge code to do it for me?

Sincerely,

-Englishscone

Give an example of what you have. Are all the codes in hexadécimal on 2 digits ? Where do you get them from?

I'm so sorry, I'm quite a beginner with character work.

The numerical ASCII values are easily accessed from my code, they are stored in EEPROM. So by simply calling EEPROM.read(x), I can find the ASCII number, like 115.

J-M-L:
Give an example of what you have. Are all the codes in hexadécimal on 2 digits ? Where do you get them from?

I'm so sorry, I only lightly understand what hexadecimal is.

Thank you for your help!

Englishscone:
I need a conversion from ASCII numbers to the characters they represent,

Englishscone:
The numerical ASCII values are easily accessed from my code, they are stored in EEPROM.

What's "ASCII numbers"? What's "numerical ASCII values"?

The only meaningful idea of "ASCII numbers" I can come up with is when these numbers are already represented by a string. In that case you don't need to do anything.

Montmorency:
What's "ASCII numbers"? What's "numerical ASCII values"?

The only meaningful idea of "ASCII numbers" I can come up with is when these numbers are already represented by a string. In that case you don't need to do anything.

The
ASCII numbers did come from a string, perhaps there is a way?

Just put the EEPROM.read(x) into a char type variable instead of a byte and when you print it you’ll see the corresponding character

J-M-L:
Just put the EEPROM.read(x) into a char type variable instead of a byte and when you print it you’ll see the corresponding character

Thank you! Should I do it like this?:

char y = EEPROM.read(x);

Serial.println(y);

J-M-L:

You fixed my problem!, I changed my fix to:

char y = char(EEPROM.read(5));
Serial.println(y);

I will enjoy updating you karma! Have a wonderful day!

Thank you so much!

-Englishscone

Great !