Ask about the power supply method between modules

Hi i just saw an interesting product like a video.

I want to diy this product, but i have a question how does each module in this led light be powered?

Can anyone tell me the approximate way thanks.

If you look carefully, there’s a wire to the first module in the chain.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
If you look carefully, there's a wire to the first module in the chain.

I know that first module have a power from wire, i want to know other module that how to exchange current with the first module and what parts to use.

Looks like they have power connectors on all 6 sides. Maybe magnets to hold the connectors together?

johnwasser:
Looks like they have power connectors on all 6 sides. Maybe magnets to hold the connectors together?

Oh use the magnets to conductive ? but i found out that the magnet cannot conduct electricity, how to do this ?

www933303:
Oh use the magnets to conductive ? but i found out that the magnet cannot conduct electricity, how to do this ?

What magnets are you using?
Can you post a picture of them so we can see what you are using?
Thanks... Tom... :slight_smile:

Pogo pins, flat plates and magnets?

Note that she specifically says that one of the 'pins' is recessed. If the connectors are both magnets and neither is recessed the connectors will attract metal and might short circuit.

I think it’s the magnet (the big metal bit) that’s recessed on some of the sides. The two small metal bits in the side should then be the power connectors. I do expect the two contacts to be spring loaded, indeed.

Hi,
By making one pin recessed it also makes alignment easier.
The recessed pin corresponds to the protruding pin on an adjacent block.

Tom... :slight_smile: