Asking for help: Example save to EEPROM

Hello,

I am pretty new to arduino and wanted to ask for some help. I have a BMP180 sensor connected via I²C and want to to the following task: I want to save 40 pressure values to the EEPROM of the arduino uno and have them accessible for further processing.

Now ,my problem is that I do not have a glue how to implement that, to split the floats into 4 bytes and concatenate them again...

Is there any example code for such a task? I searched the threads but did not found something that helps me.

Thank you for your help!

Best!

Have you considered looking at the reference page for the EEPROM library?

Sure. I was hoping that someone can provide a sketch since the reference page focusses on AnalogRead and I got my sensor connected via I²C. As I said I am pretty new to arduino and wanted to make my life easier with some prework...

You can use e.g. EEPROM.put and get. They are for any type manipulation (write/read) include the float. Study an examples at the reference page, there is everything you need.

Fargulli:
Sure.
I was hoping that someone can provide a sketch since the reference page focusses on AnalogRead and I got my sensor connected via I²C.
As I said I am pretty new to arduino and wanted to make my life easier with some prework…

You’re focusing on the wrong part. It doesn’t matter where the number comes from. Pay attention to what they do with it after they get it. Pay attention to the part where they put it in the EEPROM. Then you can get your number from I2C and do the same thing.