Asking for recommendation and suggestions!!! Urgent

Hey guys!! I need ur help! I have 6 tanks containing liquids at a temperature about 80 degrees Celsius!! What sensor will be best to monitor the level and what lcd can i use to display all 6 tanks on a single lcd??

keshav_singh:
Hey guys!! I need ur help! I have 6 tanks containing liquids at a temperature about 80 degrees Celsius!! What sensor will be best to monitor the level

What liquid is it? What material is the tank made of and what's the wall thickness? Can you make modifications to the tank? Do you have any access to the inside? How big is each tank? What's the maximum temperature you will ever have? Is the tank pressurised?

and what lcd can i use to display all 6 tanks on a single lcd??

Any LCD that's big enough to display the information you want to display.

tanks are 2meters high - made of stainless steel - 0.5mm thick
3 tanks contain cooking oil at a temperature about 80 degrees and other
3 tanks contain water at 35 degrees
]must display all 6 tanks on single lcd

The DS1603L ultrasound sensor mounted to the bottom should work but temperature of the oil one may get in the way. It'll also need correction for oil, the standard output is for water.

Or a pressure sensor attached to the bottom - if you have a tap there, that's easy. Get a differential one that can handle the liquids & temperature.

Load cells?

wvmarle:
The DS1603L ultrasound sensor mounted to the bottom should work but temperature of the oil one may get in the way. It'll also need correction for oil, the standard output is for water.

Or a pressure sensor attached to the bottom - if you have a tap there, that's easy. Get a differential one that can handle the liquids & temperature.

Is it the gravity non contact sensor?? There is no tap in the container :confused:

Do you think the ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04 will be a good choice for this environment??

Do you think the ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04 will be a good choice for this environment??

Not unless you can get a sealed one with industrial rating.

Maybe a car parking sensor- it is at least waterproof.

wvmarle:

does the volume of the fluid change with temperature ?
if it does, then your weight sensors would need to be calibrated for the elevated temperatures to display the correct volume.
if you are using something like a deep fryer, the food flakes and falls into the liquid, displacing fluids and altering the mass characteristics of the fluid, not by much, just point out that weight is an indirect measurement of volume.

I have also found a pressure differential sensor - MPX 5010 DP – Differential Pressure Sensor

What is ur opinion on this one?

keshav_singh:
what lcd can i use to display all 6 tanks on a single lcd??

is "LCD" required ?
they are text only, usually 2 lines of text or 4 lines of text.

and TFT LED display can show multiple lines of text and such

screen shot.png

keshav_singh:
I have also found a pressure differential sensor - MPX 5010 DP – Differential Pressure Sensor

What is ur opinion on this one?

poor choice.
the pressure in the tube is based on the depth the tube is inserted in the fluid.

although most fluids are non-compressible, the way this works is that the air in the tube is compressed and Boyles law gives us the rules.
in a Fixed volume, an increase in termperature will create an increase in pressure.
your volume is not fixed, but an increase in temperature will result in the increase in air volume. this will effect readings, unless you calibrate for that temperature.
second, air is soluable in water so the volume of gas will reduce over time. this will result in the need to replace it.
typically, with a tube, one also adds air from a tiny orifice and the sensor style is called a bubblier, as you pump air to fill the tube and it bubbles out the bottom.
with this, you need to add an air pump. One pump for all tanks would work and you can get very tiny orifices 0.005" inches are common.

keshav_singh:
what lcd can i use to display all 6 tanks on a single lcd??

Since you ask, a Nokia 5110 displays 6 lines of text, and would probably be the cheapest option.

dave-in-nj:
is "LCD" required ?
they are text only, usually 2 lines of text or 4 lines of text.

and TFT LED display can show multiple lines of text and such

screen shot.png

No actually i knew only about LCD, it is now that i am learning about TFT Led display for arduino!! thats really great!! Do you have tutorials on this led display?? please do send me on my mail - keshavcanaye@gmail.com

Lots of them.