Asynchronous audio board and Tone composer software?

hi,

Any recommendation for the followings:

1. Arduino audio board module that can do asynchronous call ( simultaneously plays multiple sounds ) with UART command navigation ?
( NOTE: DFPlayer and Adafruit FX audio board don't have any asynchronous feature, Teensy is expensive for a small project, other PCM waveform related using passive speaker projects not suitable because a simple "HelloWorld.wav" 8-bit PCM unsigned mono already taken about 10kB file size at 11025 sample rate.

2. Tone melody composer software that can convert to C/C++ format with frequency and delay ?
( NOTE: Tone() api required frequency and duration together, there are many tone samples and articles but none of it mentions the tone composer software thus cannot create own musics. )

Please advise.

Thank you.

You will need more "processing power" than a "regular Arduino" and it makes things easier if you have a processor with a DAC. A Raspberry Pi might be able to do it.

I don't know what you mean by "C/C++ format" but see Arduino - Melody

But with tone() you're limited to constant-volume square waves, one frequency at a time.

Take a look at my use of arrays here and microseconds, micros(), to creating multiple tones.
The code was based on reading button presses, changing to turn notes on & off based on Serial.read() data should be possible.

The code is like blink without delay to the Extreme :sunglasses:

DVDdoug,

I don’t know what you mean by “C/C++ format”

• is something like the tone melody composer software able to capture a series of chords (notes) with respective frequency and duration values output in C header format, such as below so programmer can use tone() to bring out the music.

#include "pitches.h"

typedef struct
{
int frequency;
int duration;
}
_NOTE;

_NOTE melody[] { { NOTE_D8, 64 }, { NOTE_C8, 128 }, { NOTE_A6, 32 } };

I do found some related tone composer software such as FamiTracker but is bit complex to use and unable to output above C header format otherwise I will have to write my own.

Hi all,

I have created a Windows app to compose tone melody, is called Tone Studio as shown below:

It can compose, edit, playback and output melody in C/C++ header format and is Arduino sketch compatible.

For further information about Tone Studio software, do check the GitHub site at HERE.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.