Atmega 2560 bootloaeder error

I have bought a new atmega2560 chip and made my own board, the only problem is that I can’t burn the bootloader at all.

I have tried the following:

• gammon’s tutorial at www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11635
  • used the ArduinoISP sketch from the examples with the same connections
  • checkd the wiring several times and that the SMD legs are connected properly
  • made a new board with a new chip

I have attached the schematics that I used for my mega board

I recieved two different errors in several trials
“check connection and try again” and “invalid microcontroller”

Your reset circuit looks ... wrong. You shouldn't have a resistor to GND, and the values are too low.
A typical AVR would have a 10k pullup (only) to Vdd...

It also looks like AVCC isn’t connected.

westfw:
Your reset circuit looks ... wrong. You shouldn't have a resistor to GND, and the values are too low.
A typical AVR would have a 10k pullup (only) to Vdd...

I don't think this is the problem becuse I don't use it anyway

BJHenry:
It also looks like AVCC isn't connected.

You are right I have noticed this after I made the PCB so I patched it manually.
The good thing is that I have managed to burn the bootloader on one chip after changing the crystal and uploaded a code using the uno as a programmer but all it does is make all the pins high no matter what the code is. I used the blink and servo examples to test it.
The other chip still gives an error while burning the bootloader "invalid microcontroller"

How are you attempting to power the board? If you are hooking up an external programmer to J2 and supplying it with +5V then you will have a problem because you are trying to power the board through the 7805 regulator, but you are only feeding that regulator with +5V.