Atmega 2560 sketches uploading error

Hello,

I've been trying all day to bootload a homemade Arduino Mega2560 with an Arduino Uno and Nick Gammon's code.

So I followed the usual procedure by connecting each pin of the two cards correctly and programmed it properly via the Serial Monitor. Only, when I upload Blink to the Atmega, I get this error:

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 1448 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
Invalid library found in C:\Users\marco\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Atmega_Fuse_Calculator: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\marco\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Atmega_Fuse_Calculator
Invalid library found in C:\Users\marco\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Atmega_Fuse_Calculator: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\marco\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Atmega_Fuse_Calculator

Apparently there is a problem with the 'Atmega_Fuse_Collector' but I can't find what exactly on the internet.

Thank you to those who will take the time to answer me :slight_smile:

Did you successfully burn the bootloader ?

No, here's what I got :

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Error while burning bootloader.

Did you try reinstalling the ide ?

antsor:
I've been trying all day to bootload a homemade Arduino Mega2560 with an Arduino Uno and Nick Gammon's code.

Try using the "Arduino as ISP" method described in this tutorial instead:

antsor:

Apparently there is a problem with the 'Atmega_Fuse_Collector' but I can't find what exactly on the internet.

This "Invalid library" warning is completely unrelated to the problems you're having with burning the bootloader and uploading. The problem is that Atmega_Fuse_Calculator is a sketch, not a library, but you have it in the libraries folder. You should only put libraries in that folder. You can make the warning go away by moving it somewhere else. Or you can leave it there and ignore the warning. The only harm it does is making the Arduino IDE slightly slower.

m_k_akash:
Did you try reinstalling the ide ?

Yes, I've just done it and and I've also tied to bootload the Atmega2560 but it still doesn't work :confused:

Try using the "Arduino as ISP" method described in this tutorial instead:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP
This "Invalid library" warning is completely unrelated to the problems you're having with burning the bootloader and uploading.

That's already a good thing to know, thank you :slight_smile: