Atmega328 12v

Hey guys…

I read different things about powering an arduino with 12v… If u use the jack it seems to be possible… Yet I now and then come across builds which use 12v in the Vin in…

In the attachment you’ll find a build I wanna rebuild with just the atmega chip so I can build it inside my 12v-230v transformer…

The thing is that I’m really sceptic about the 12v on the Vin pin on the arduino… Never mind the atmega itself

Anyone who has done something like this?
Kind regard

Why not draw a real schematic not this fritzing stuff. The board was designed to be powered with 12VDC, that is not a problem. The problem is when people confuse the Arduino with a power supply and power items from the Arduino. You said build it in a transformer yet you show it being powered with a battery. They are entirely different devices and there outputs are not even similar. 12V on the transformer is AC, 9V on the battery is DC. Now when you go to use just the chip it would work on 5VDC but 12V will blow it. Study DC circuits to get the basics then get the Arduino cookbook by Michael Margolis and read it. You will find on line many videos etc showing the Arduino and how to do use it some of it may be what you want. This additional information will go a long way in getting your problem solved. There are also many videos showing how to read a data sheet. Once you get past this you then need to select your sensors and actuators. At that point you start on the hardware design and write your software. You might also want to take a look at the Arduino schematics.