ATMega328P Bootloading Issue

Hi Everyone

I tried to Bootload 3 “AtMega328p”. I followed all the steps in this Link. It gives the following two different Errors for two of them and it works for third one.

avrdude: Device signature = 0xffffff (probably .avr8x_mega)
avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.
avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000 (probably .avr8x_mega)
avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

I have attached the image of AtMega32p that I use.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Mahdiyar

Isn't there any idea?

Bad connections would be my guess in the first case (MOSI shorted to vcc?), second case could be another wiring issue, or could be that it's set to use a crystal, but no crystal is present, or the crystal isn't connected correctly.

DrAzzy:
Bad connections would be my guess in the first case (MOSI shorted to vcc?), second case could be another wiring issue, or could be that it's set to use a crystal, but no crystal is present, or the crystal isn't connected correctly.

Thank you for your reply.
As I said, it works for one of them. I mean, I used the same design and connections for all three AtMega328Ps. If the connection or crystal is the point, it should have not worked for any of them.

I don't think that the micro is placed 180 degree from the way it should be on the breadboard
I've done this a number of times!

Well, that doesn't rule out the possibility that there's a soldering problem on two of the boards does it? Were they hand-assembled?

Well, that doesn't rule out the possibility that there's a soldering problem on two of the boards does it? Were they hand-assembled?

Yes of course DrAzzy.

kssoin:
I don't think that the micro is placed 180 degree from the way it should be on the breadboard

Dear Kossin, 've cheked it many times and it's correct.

Mahdiyar:
Dear Kssoin, 've cheked it many times and it's correct.

I meant i have reverse placed my micros in the socket many times.
It definitely is a connection issue and this area has a myriad possibilities, you will need to do the hardwork finding the problem. Be persistent.
Good luck.

Could you post a photo of your target?

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Linux), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)"

avrdude: Version 6.3-20171130
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/home//ARDUINO/arduino-1.8.9/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
User configuration file is "/home/
/.avrduderc"
User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port : usb
Using Programmer : stk500v2
avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb" (0x03eb:0x2104)

avrdude done. Thank you.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

Please don't hijack threads 4eburashk. Please don't cross post 4eburashk. We'll try to help you in the other thread you hijacked and cross posted to:

Please take some time to read the "How to use this forum" post. Maybe that will help you to act in a more respectful and productive manner here in the future.

If you got another 328p ic try uploading boot loader on that one. If it works most probably current ic is the issue than.