ATmega328p PORTB not working ?

Why stop pancake ?

ahh Port B is just shot I just tryied to program using my uno same thing

bandmwhitt2013: Why stop pancake ?

Why start whit ? Everything was "working" and then, 'inexplicably', everything stopped "working", therefor attempt to re-burn the bootloader? You're really grasping at straws.

I have re burned the boot loader at least five times no change so dont know why but I think this port is shot

You may be correct, but you were making up syntax with the code you were trying to run to demonstrate the problem.

bandmwhitt2013: void setup() { pinMode(PB0, OUTPUT); // sets the pin as output } void loop() { digitalWrite(PB0, HIGH); // sets the LED on delay(1000); // waits for a second digitalWrite(PB0, LOW); // sets the LED off delay(1000); // waits for a second }

here is the program i used to test port B with

Replace 'PB0' with '8'. And post a decent quality picture of your circuit.

this is strange cuz i have two of these at mega328p chips and they are both doing the same thing ? weird stuff the boot loader i have is set to not use a crystal but I have 8mhz and 16mhz crystals if needed the arduino i have is a clone but it works great for everything Ive used it for and i did try to get you a picture and my POS computer kept freezing

ahhhhh ha ha ha got it with this code thanks for the help guys

void setup() { DDRB = B00000001; //pin 12 as low

}

void loop() { PORTB = B00000001; delay(1000); // waits for a second PORTB = B00000000; delay(1000); // waits for a second }

set PB0 as out using binary code works

AS YOU CAN SEE I STOLE THAT CODE AND MODIFIED IT LOL BUT IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM