Atmega328p TQFP

Hello to all and sorry for poor english. I have a uno r3.I want to use atmega328p TQFP in my project. If I want to program it , I mean TQFP model, should I treat it like DIP?or Can I boot-load and program it like a DIP model. Thank you.

hi,

the case of the chip does not matter. If you have a programmer to boot-load it you can use the IDE to program the controller.

I did it with an UNO with a DIL-chip which is on a socket. I removed the chip from the UNO board, connected the power pins and the SPI pins of the atmega328p to the corresponding pins of the socket, loaded the boot loader and programmed it from the IDE.

SupArdu

I mean can I program atmega328p TQFP just with txd and rxd like DIP. Remind, my board is uno r3. Thx

Yes, if your programming circuit is the same.

leoncorleone: I mean can I program atmega328p TQFP just with txd and rxd like DIP.

If it has a bootloader on it.

Can I boot load it like a DIP? Thx

leoncorleone: Can I boot load it like a DIP? Thx

Like the man said, if it has a bootloader you can serial program it. Otherwise you have to use an ICP to program it through the SPI pins.

The same as the DIP.

I don't know of any source of TQFP versions with the Arduino bootloader. If you find one do report back.

You need access to the MOSI/MISO/SCLK/RESET lines to program the chip with the bootloader (for instance search "Arduino as ISP" for how to do this using another Arduino as programmer).

While it is possible to buy TQFP programming sockets they are very expensive, so it makes sense to add an ICSP header to your board. The killer issue is that you can't necessarily use the Hardware SPI on your board as an SPI device may interfere with the bootloader programming.

MarkT: While it is possible to buy TQFP programming sockets they are very expensive, so it makes sense to add an ICSP header to your board. The killer issue is that you can't necessarily use the Hardware SPI on your board as an SPI device may interfere with the bootloader programming.

One solution to that is to wire your SPI device to plug into the ICSP header. Then you can connect it after the programming is done, and there will be no conflict. If the device is onboard, you could possibly place pins adjacent to the header and use jumpers, or else have 0 ohm resistors or solder bridges on the PCB to make the connection after programming.