ATMEGA328P With LCD Screen

Hi all,

I was wondering If it is possible to connect an ATMEGA328P (With a 16MHZ oscillator and 2 22pf capacitors) to an LCD screen.

I would plug the ATMEGA328P into the Arduino board and then upload code. Remove the ATMEGA328P from the Arduino and plug it into a custom board. Would this work?

Any guidance is appreciated

Why yes. Of course. I would think that even a cursory search of those terms would turn up hundreds if not thousands of examples of people doing just that. I mean the IDE comes with a builtin library for driving an LCD screen. Why would you think they would do that if it wasn't possible to connect an LCD to an Arduino?

It just that I could not find guides with the regards to connecting the ATMega328P and LCD exclusively.

hurricanemuffin:
It just that I could not find guides with the regards to connecting the ATMega328P and LCD exclusively.

What do you mean? Did you look? What about this? https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HelloWorld

I mean it doesn't get any clearer than that one. Sure you'll have to look at a pinout diagram to figure which pin on the board equals which pin on the chip, but that's trivial.