ATMega644P

I've been given a mess of ATMega644P chips. I'd like to burn the bootloader on them. So I went and downloaded the latest Sanguino code (from here: Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.). I've extracted it and placed the Sanguino folder inside the hardware folder. I get the following messages in the Arduino IDE:

Could not find boards.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\bootloaders. Is it pre-1.5?
Could not find boards.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\cores. Is it pre-1.5?
Could not find boards.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\firmwares. Is it pre-1.5?
Could not find boards.txt in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\sanguino\variants. Is it pre-1.5?
WARNING: Error loading hardware folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\sanguino

• No valid hardware definitions found in folder sanguino.*

This is naturally pre-1.5. I mean the newest upload to the code.google.com site is from 2012. So what do I need to do to get a bootloader burned on these chips so I can use them? Any help or pointers would be GREATLY appreciated!

What version of the IDE are you using? I also have a ton of 644p's and have no problem burning the Sanguino bootloader to them with v1.0.5. I do have 1.6.5 but never use it.

There's an Arduino IDE 1.6.x compatible Sanguino here: GitHub - Lauszus/Sanguino: Sanguino add-on for the Arduino IDE, based on http://code.google.com/p/sanguino/, you can even install with Boards Manager. There's also support for ATmega644P in MightyCore: GitHub - MCUdude/MightyCore: Arduino hardware package for ATmega1284, ATmega644, ATmega324, ATmega324PB, ATmega164, ATmega32, ATmega16 and ATmega8535 which also supports Arduino IDE 1.6.x and has Boards Manager install available.

Cool! Thanks!