Atmel Atmega328 MCU w/Arduino bootloader

Hi

I would like to make a SSS board and the only suitable chip available locally is the Atmel Atmega328 MCU w/Arduino bootloader. My question is I do not know which bootloader is on the chip, will this potentially cause me any issues knowing I will be using single sided serial?

Thank you and my apologies is this is posted in the incorrect section.

My question is I do not know which bootloader is on the chip, will this potentially cause me any issues knowing I will be using single sided serial?

Only if you explicitly expect a specific bootloader to be there. I suppose you could ask the seller which bootloader is installed. Nah, never mind. Dumb idea.

The main issue is what baud rate the bootloader is running at. You could always contact the seller to see which bootloader they used. Worst case you can always burn your own bootloader that is included in the Arduino IDE download package. Now a days it is pretty simple to burn your own bootloader using an Arduino board wired up to be a ISP programmer.

Lefty

The main issue is what baud rate the bootloader is running at. You could always contact the seller to see which bootloader they used. Worst case you can always burn your own bootloader that is included in the Arduino IDE download package. Now a days it is pretty simple to burn your own bootloader using an Arduino board wired up to be a ISP programmer.

Lefty

Thats whats I wanted to know, thank you for the assistance. I did ask the supplier but they are unsure...