Atmel SAM/JTAG Debugg in Atmel Studio and OCDEN Bit

Hello

i have a Atmel-ICE SAM/JTAG at an Arduino Mega2560 over JTAG connect.
I can write a Sketch in Atmel Studio and upload it over JTAG
I can Step thru the Sourcecode. But i dont can set Breakpoints because the OCDEN Bit will not be set automaticly. When i use an Example in C of Atmel Studio it works fine. For writing a Sketch in Atmel Studio i use Visual Micro

kind regards
Werner

This does not sound like Arduino stuff. I got lost after word 4.

...R

AtmelStudio with VisualMicro is "Arduino stuff". AtmelStudio is the Atmel development IDE, which is based on Microsoft VisualStudio. The (free) VisualMicro plug-in allows building Arduino applications using AtmelStudio. It is kight years better than the Arduino IDE, and uses the Arduino build system, so it is 100% compatible. it is a FAR better way to do Arduino development than the Arduino IDE, and absolutely free. I've been using it for years.

He's asking if he can use his Atmel JTAG pod to debug Arduino applications, including using breakpoints.

I would suggest the OP ask this question on the VisualMicro forum, as that functionality would have to be supported by VisualMicro, not really Arduino. Tim, the VisualMicro author will give the correct answer in short order.

Regards,
Ray L.

RayLivingston:
I would suggest the OP ask this question on the VisualMicro forum, as that functionality would have to be supported by VisualMicro, not really Arduino. Tim, the VisualMicro author will give the correct answer in short order.

Pretty much the point I was trying to make :slight_smile:

...R