AtmelStudio 6.2 and Arduino 1.8.13

Hello,

I always have used AtmelStudio 6.2 in combination with Arduino 1.0.5 And this works very well.

But now i would like to use the FastLed library and i can't get it working on the 1.0.5 IDE.

So i downloaded the 1.8.13 IDE as a stand alone, so i can use the 2 IDE's. This works well and the FastLed library works also good in the new IDE.

But in AtmelStudio i can't get the FastLed to compile well.
I have seen that i was still using the 1.0.X in AtmelStudio. So now i'm trying a new 1.5.X in combination with the 1.8.13 IDE setup, but this goes wrong.

This is what i have done:
I made a second External Tools setup.
Title:

Arduino IDE 1.8.13

Command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.8.13\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avrdude.exe

Arguments:

-CC:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.8.13\hardware\tools\avr\etc\avrdude.conf -v -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM8 
-b115200 -D -Uflash:w:"$(ProjectDir)Debug\$(TargetName) .hex":i

But i get an error when i compile something with this setup.

Error:

Compiling 'NeoPixelRing' for 'Arduino Uno'
	Process: "{runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}\bin\avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -MMD -flto -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=1813 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.8.13\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.8.13\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\Moondust\AppData\Local\VMicro\Arduino\Builds\NeoPixelRing\uno\NeoPixelRing.cpp" -o "C:\Users\Moondust\AppData\Local\VMicro\Arduino\Builds\NeoPixelRing\uno\NeoPixelRing.cpp.o"
Error compiling

And when i change between the 2 IDE setups i also do a Reload Toolchains.

So, what did i wrong in my setup. Because i did the same with the old IDE and that works just fine.

Best regards

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.