Attempting to modify servo for continuous rotation

Hi,

So I've just attempted to modify my servo for continuous rotation so I can install to a gear box. Now when I try to use it, it pulls 1.7A of current (stall current is around 3A) and just twitches. I was very careful with the soldering and am not very inexperienced with it. I watched a tutorial of someone doing his and he looked like he absolutely butchered it but still seemed to work fine. Ive tried reflowing the traces and joints that I touched and still no fix. I don't see how I could have destroyed anything but I feel like maybe I am missing something. I've attached a picture of my board and at this point the potentiometer has been desoldered from the wires.

Now when I try to use it, it pulls 1.7A of current (stall current is around 3A) and just twitches.

What had to be soldered during your modification? Are you using an external power supply similar to the attached pix? Did you remove the internal hard stop off the output gearing?

servo-wire.jpg

cr9.jpg

zoomkat:
What had to be soldered during your modification? Are you using an external power supply similar to the attached pix? Did you remove the internal hard stop off the output gearing?

Problem solved.. For some reason it wasn't working but once I connected it to the gear box it works fine again.