attendance based on fingerprint scanner

hello guys
i have made a project to identify the students ID and students attendance and it works
the problem is i want to send the ID to DATABASE and read it on another fingerprint scanner
for example if i have 2 fingerprint scanner in 2 different places and a student enrolled his finger on one at the first place
the other fingerprint scanner will be able to get the enrolled data from the first one

That sounds simple enough in concept.

What's your problem/issue? Do you need to figure out how to connect your setup to a network? Assuming this is an Arduino project, you can get an Ethernet or Wi-Fi shield.

Or, do you need to figure-out how to save the fingerprint information in a remote database/file? ...It seems like you already have a local database if you can identify someone from their fingerprint. So, it would just be a matter of moving/copying that database (or file) to a server/computer on the network.

my problem is that , the templates is stored on the fingerprint itself so if i have a number of templates on a specific fingerprint scanner , assume fingerprint scanner 1
i won't be able to access it from another fingerprint scanner
i want to make for example a central database and make all the fingerprint scanner access it
but still the problem is the template is stored on the fingerprint it self

muhammedashraf:
my problem is that , the templates is stored on the fingerprint itself so if i have a number of templates on a specific fingerprint scanner , assume fingerprint scanner 1
i won't be able to access it from another fingerprint scanner
i want to make for example a central database and make all the fingerprint scanner access it
but still the problem is the template is stored on the fingerprint it self

So don't store it there. Or, if the template is used to match a student ID (which obviously, it must), have the student train both scanners so both scanners have a template.

i have no another option to store in it , the templates must be stored in the fingerprint
so there is no another way instead of make the student scan on the 2 the scanners
and thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

muhammedashraf:
i have no another option to store in it , the templates must be stored in the fingerprint
so there is no another way instead of make the student scan on the 2 the scanners
and thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

How do you match a template to a student ID? These can't be anonymous, surely you must care who it is that has presented themselves?

no , i mean the student have already template on the the 2 scanners but one of the can access the same templates of the other one
for example if i have a fingerprint A in somewhere and student 1 enrolled his finger so the fingerprint scanner will have a template for student 1
then student 1 have another lecture in different place which there is fingerprint B but the student didn't enrolled his finger for fingerprint B , so fingerprint B will access database or whatever to get the template of student 1 and identify the student when he put his finger