attiny 1614 development board

I've always liked the Attiny & when Spence Konde (aka DrAzzy) came along with the MegaTinyCore I had to give it a spin! I love it!

I kicked off with the 412 but its lack of pins makes debugging quite frustrating, so I looked at the 1614.
I would have bought one of DrAzzy's excellent ready rolled boards were it not for the postage cost! :frowning: so I designed my own dev board. Fundamentally it's very simple.

All of the 1614 pins are broken out to female headers in lieu of a breadboard.
There are four I2C headers. Many I2C modules use a 'standard' Vcc-GND-SCL-SDA pinout. I've used this approach before & it's very useful.

There is a 'standard' ft232 connector & traditional Arduino reset circuit to work with the omniboot loader.
A switch is used to isolate the UPDI/RESET pin.
Apart from the 1614, everything is through hole soldered with bog standard components

I'm so pleased with this that I'm selling it!

Shipping charges are a problem with things like this but our strange UK postal service lets me send things thinner than 5mm & weighing less than 10g at a reasonable rate.
I'm thinking that £4 for two bare PCBs is reasonable? Postage costs would be £2 anywhere in the world.

Is this of interest?
Ian

pcb1614.jpg

pcb1614.jpg

It looks like a useful board and I would be interested in purchasing 2 of these for GBP 6.- in total including delivery.
If / when this offer become available, PM me with your PayPal details.

6v6gt:
It looks like a useful board and I would be interested in purchasing 2 of these for GBP 6.- in total including delivery.
If / when this offer become available, PM me with your PayPal details.

PM sent

I used to be able to ship at rates like that.

Then they stopped letting me ship anything that wasn’t flexible(it was never permitted, but they used to let it slide) at the envelope rate, so we had to ship by large/thick envelope, which was about twice that price.

Then 2 years ago, they changed so that you couldn’t ship anything with a non-zero value by the large envelope rate - only “documents” of zero value - unless you had the customs cleared electronically, which meant an extra $3-4 fee for GlobalPost or whatever. And that’s why my international rates start at $7.50 or something. IIRC I usually pay more in shipping international than customers pay, by a few tens of cents. The US has sort of turned its back on international trade, which is really sad (or is it “Sad!”?) over the past 4 years. I really hope that things take a turn for the better now - it really sucks for my business, because my suppliers are in asia, and my customers are in europe, so I get hit both ways :frowning:

At least my asian suppliers lie on their customs declarations! Most of the time, at least. I got hit for a $700 surprise tariff bill once though >.< that really sucked.

I don’t feel confident that I could get away with that.

Well DrAzzy, $7.50 is cheap from there. Some of the Ebay postage rates are $64 for an envelope. Pretty much why I never buy anything from the US.

Last year I bought a solder sucker from China. It cost £0.99 including postage. The same thing would have cost me £3 just to post! It's a crazy world...

I would willingly have bought one of DrAzzy's boards were it not for the postage cost :frowning:

At least making my own board has increased my knowledge a little :slight_smile:

Ian