Attiny 85 problems

I am following the MIT http://hlt.media.mit.edu/?p=1229 and MAKE How-To: Shrinkify Your Arduino Projects - Make: tutorials for programming a attiny85 with arduino as ISP. I keep running into this error message when attempting to load the blink sketch to the attiny85:

In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/util/delay.h:44:0,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/avr/delay.h:37,
                 from /home/will/sketchbook/hardware/attiny45_85/cores/attiny45_85/wiring_private.h:32,
                 from /home/will/sketchbook/hardware/attiny45_85/cores/attiny45_85/WInterrupts.c:36:
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/math.h:426:15: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘double’
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.5.3/../../../avr/include/math.h:426:15: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘>=’ token

I have triple checked all the connections. I have used the 10uF cap as shown in the MAKE video. I have tried multiple versions of the ArduinoISP sketch.

I am using a duemilanove board.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much,

Will

I have triple checked all the connections.

In the compiler?

I have used the 10uF cap as shown in the MAKE video.

To write the code?

I have tried multiple versions of the ArduinoISP sketch.

For what?

I keep running into this error message when attempting to load the blink sketch to the attiny85:

The blink sketch, huh?

Did you notice the section you posted in? In this section, we are not given crystal balls. Brass, maybe, but not crystal. Here, you actually have to post code.

Sorry PaulS. To clarify, I am using the arduino as an isp programmer to program the attiny85

The code is all default code. I used the Arduino ISP example sketch and the blink example sketch.

I have triple checked all the connections between the arduino and the attiny 85 on the breadboard.

I used the 10uF cap to turn of auto reset by placing it between reset and ground on the arduino.

Here is the code for the blink example sketch:

/*
  Blink
  Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

This example code is in the public domain.
 */

void setup() {                
  // initialize the digital pin as an output.
  // Pin 13 has an LED connected on most Arduino boards:
  pinMode(0, OUTPUT);     
}

void loop() {
  digitalWrite(0, HIGH);   // set the LED on
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(0, LOW);    // set the LED off
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
}

Did you follow the link for using Arduino 1.0 on the 1st link you posted?

No, I am using arduino version 022 as shown in the original mit link.

found the solution here:

http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/issues/detail?id=29