ATtiny 85 with 3 PWM pins

Hi, ive been reading around, and some people say the attiny85 has only 2 PWM pins, which is what i saw in the features at atmel, but some say it can have 3. My goal is to have 3 PWM pins, to control rgb leds, ould anyone point me out if its possible/how to do it, else another core wiht 3 PWM pins? i dont want to go using a atmega328 since im only using 3 pins

It actually has 4, but two of them aren't usable at the same time. I have 3 independent PWM outputs active at the same time on one of my projects. It works great.

hm.. ok which pins do you use? could i also know the frequency of the pwm? and also do you manually set the timers or could i simply use the analogWrite function?
thanks

I use PB0, PB1, and PB4. analogWrite() works fine.

I don't know the frequency.

analog write doesnt work for me on PB4, i tried a simple analogWrite function in the loop() and it doesnt work

analog write doesnt work for me on PB4,

It depends on your "core" definitions. For example, Trinket only has 2 PWM and the Digispark has 3 PWM ... same sketch, same hardware, just different cores.

Ray

JoeWawaw:
Hi, ive been reading around, and some people say the attiny85 has only 2 PWM pins, which is what i saw in the features at atmel, but some say it can have 3.

It has 3 hardware PWM outputs. Pins 3, 5 and 6 of the chip (PB0, PB1 and PB4 in programming terms).

With the right core, analogWrite() will work just fine.