Attiny Serial

Hi,

I tried to use Serial in my Arduino Project with an Attiny 85. I read that this should be possible, because "TinyDebugSerial" is included in the core, which I installed with the Boards Manager. Now I can select Attiny as my Board and the Prozessor and so on but the whole Serial thing is not working. I just get the following error message:

test.ino: In function 'void setup()': test:2: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope 'Serial' was not declared in this scope

Am I missing something? Thank You for your help!

If you don't show your code (between CODE tags of course), no one can help you debug it!

void setup() {
 Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
}

Here the very complicated code....

Sounds like the core doesn't have a software serial implementation available by default? I think someone else complained about that last week.

Try my core, https://github.com/SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore . I was just testing out the Serial it comes with this week, and it works - though (as always) you need either an external crystal, or you need to tune the oscillator (or fudge it by nudging the baud rate higher or lower until it works), as the internal oscillators on most ATTiny's aren't factory calibrated well enough for serial.