ATtiny10 not building

I am using Linux Mint 19.3 (A11 5.4.0-58-generic #64~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 9 17:11:11 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
with the latest Arduino 1.8.13. I recently started to program ATtiny10 I have attached to output error when I try and send to the programmer. It seems not to have a problem when I program a Uno board. I have no idea ho to fix this. I even tried this in Win10 with the same error. Seems like something is not being install correctly and I’m not a software guy, just hardware and usually Arduino is pretty easy and works the first time with little problem until I tried the ATtiny10. I did a google search but did not find much on this. It reefers to a program it can’t find ‘crtattiny10.o’ No such file or directory but when I do a directory search for that file I find it under ‘/usr/lib/avr/lib/avrtiny’
Not sure where to go from here.

Marty

arduino-error.txt (6.67 KB)

Spectraham:
I am using Linux Mint 19.3 (A11 5.4.0-58-generic #64~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 9 17:11:11 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
with the latest Arduino 1.8.13. I recently started to program ATtiny10 I have attached to output error when I try and send to the programmer. It seems not to have a problem when I program a Uno board. I have no idea ho to fix this. I even tried this in Win10 with the same error. Seems like something is not being install correctly and I'm not a software guy, just hardware and usually Arduino is pretty easy and works the first time with little problem until I tried the ATtiny10. I did a google search but did not find much on this. It reefers to a program it can't find 'crtattiny10.o' No such file or directory but when I do a directory search for that file I find it under '/usr/lib/avr/lib/avrtiny'
Not sure where to go from here patientfusion

Marty

As others have said it's basically just a glorified USB-powered breakout board. You'll still need an actual programmer in order to do anything. You can get cheap USBtinyISP or USBasp on eBay or use a spare Arduino and the ArduinoISP sketch to turn it into a programmer.

That error has nothing to do with uploading (though you do need an appropriate programmer - it needs TPI, not the usual ISP; IIRC one of the two, USBTinyISP or USBAsp has that, but the other doesn? I nevrt looked into it much, these parts don't look very interesting to me!)

The problem is that avr-gcc 7.3.0, used since 1.8.9 (well, whichever avr board package came with that version) doesn't support the attiny10 parts. incompatable with 1.8.10 · Issue #5 · technoblogy/attiny10core · GitHub has links to full info

I see reverting to 1.8.8 should solve my issue, I will give this a try and report back to this thread.

Thanks!

I downloaded ver 1.8.8 and I still get the same error but at least the programmer is now showing up. But during upload it still can't find (/avr/bin/ld: cannot find -lattiny10) Does this have something to do with gcc?

I am still having issues. Does anyone know how to fix this error?